Part 76

You go open the door. It's Lucy, checking on you and Jordan. Confused, she lands on you two smiling at each other.

Lucy: Hey you two, seems like the white flag has been rise up.

Jordan: Yeah...

Y/n: It is, actually... What's up?

Lucy: We are waiting for you for dinner...

Y/n: We are coming.

Skip to Wednesday for the match against France. You're fully prepared for the match, feeling really good. You're not friend with Jordan but you start getting along. Right now, you're in the bus heading to Wembley, headphones in your ears, holding Leah's hand who's just next to you. Minutes later, you arrive at Wembley, you head inside the stadium towards the changing room. Totally focus on the game, you drop your stuff in the changing room, then you walk out, heading to see the pitch when you bump into someone.

Kenza: Sorry...

Y/n: No, it's my fault...

Kenza: Do we know each other?

Y/n: I'm playing for Arsenal... we already saw each other on the pitch...

Kenza: Yeah, you're Y/n Williamson, aren't you?

Y/n: I am...

Kenza: Sorry for bumping into you... See you later...

Kenza just leaves the pitch to go back in the French changing room, you walk around the pitch on your own wearing your headphones, focused at a 100%. You get changed into your warming up outfit, you get your right ankle strapped and go in the next room to do little exercise to activate your body before the warm up. A little while later, Sarina gets in the changing room.

Sarina: Okay, girls, gather in the changing room, please...

All the girls stop what they were doing, and get back to their spot in the changing room.

Sarina: Alright, big match, today... The match has already started, not physically but mentally... I promise you that, if you put the effort and concentration into playing to your potential, to be the best that you can be, you'll be reward at the end of the game... So look up, get up and get out there to warm up, you have to be in the match, right now.

You head out with the rest of the girls, you warm up really well, giving your best. The crowd is cheering for you.

Kick-off:

33': Yellow card for England: Georgia Stanway

Half Time: 0-0

60': Goal for England from Rachel Daly; decisive pass from Y/n Beckham

62': Yellow card for England: Rachel Daly

65': Substitute for France: Vicki Becho replaces Kadidiatou Diani

75': You're just about to get in the penalty area when you receive a high long pass from Keira Walsh. You go to divert it by a header, when you get crashed by a French defender. You fall on all your weight on the ground, you aren't moving. Whatever if it's from the French or England side, a few girls come to check on you.

Eve: Hey... can you hear me?

Keira: Y/n?

Kenza: Is she okay?

Eve: She's conscious. Y/n, can you squeeze my hand?

Eve holds your hand but you can't squeeze it. During that time, Leah, who's not playing, stands up on the sideline, dead worried about you. Lucy, Niamh and Millie are claiming at the referee about the crash and the opponent's behaviour. The medical staff are allowed to get on the pitch and check on you. You're immediately taking in charge. During this, the girls are defending your case.