Part 36

You spend the next few days in Germany, between your departure and the celebration around the Champion's League trophy. It's finally done. Your Wolfsburg journey comes to an end. For one last time, you go to the Wolfsburg Training Center for your last meeting. You go through the hallways one last time, accompanied by Lynn, Lena, Jill and Jule. You go into the meeting room. Everyone is already here. You go sit with everyone, when Tommy is in the front with Svenja, he starts speaking.

Tommy: So, girls, I asked for the meeting, this morning, cause there is someone here who's gonna leave us.

All the attention is on you. Everyone is looking at you. You stand up and go in the front, next to Tommy. But before you talk, he wants to add few words.

Tommy: Before you say anything, Y/n, I think I'm speaking for the team when I say that it was a real pleasure to have you in the club and in the team. And personally, it was a real pleasure to have coached you. Thank you, Y/n.

Y/n: Thank you, Tommy.

Svenja: I'll talk for a second, I just wanted to say that it was a real pleasure to play with you on the pitch, and it was a real pleasure to have you here, in this team. We also appreciate what you did for this team, that it wasn't yours at the beginning, but you gave your all to it, and that's what a true player does. I do believe that you have a bright career in front of you. You're a great player, Y/n, but above all, you're an amazing person. Thank you.

Y/n: I guess, it's my turn, now. A little under pressure...

Lynn: Don't mess that up, it's last impression we'll have from you.

Y/n: How funny are you...

Lynn: I know, that's another talent that I have...

Lena: What's the first one again?

Y/n: Anyway, I would like to thank you all for the way you welcomed me here. I went here for different reason, and I left everything that I have in England to start again here with fresh air. Thank you to everyone, cause you really became family to me. I went through a lot here, met incredible people that I can call my own friends. And it was my biggest pleasure to win all those trophies with you. You have an amazing team, an amazing club, but I think it's time for me to go back home.

Ewa: We will miss you, kid.

Y/n: I'll miss you all too.

Alex: Thank you for everything you did.

You start crying and everyone come to hug you and support you. One by one, you say goodbye to all the girls. You end up by saying goodbye to the little squad (Lynn, Lena, Jule and Jill). You know you'll see them at some point so you're not sad, not crying. You're grateful. After saying to everyone, you leave the Wolfsburg Training Center full of memories. You head back home to take your stuff to catch your flight to go back in England. You leave a little note before leaving the house:

You get in a cab and head to the airport. You wait a little while for your plane so your text Leah to let her know. Your wedding is in three days, everything has been planned during the last few weeks.

Y/n: Hey babe, I'm waiting for my plane. I'll be back home in a couple of hours. Love you.

Minutes later, you get in your plane. It's a chapter of your life that ended at this moment. Everything you've lived with Wolfsburg is becoming a beautiful memory. Hours later, you land in London. You're back home. You're an Arsenal player again. You go through the airport to find an exit, and right in front of you, Leah is standing there, waiting for you. You just smile and go hug her.

Leah: Hey stranger

Y/n: Hey you

Leah: How does it feel?