Part 72

Later, all the girls have decided to go out in bars. Without telling you, Leah has decided to stay with you, so you aren't alone. You are both lying on the couch, in front of the fireplace, both drinking a tea.

Leah: The boys had an amazing day... The girls built a snowman for them... I know that you came here for me.

Y/n: I do.

Leah: And I love you for that, Y/n.

You take a last sip of your tea, before straighten up and face Leah with a concerned look on your face.

Y/n: Please don't think that I take that for granted... I'm so grateful for... who you've been through all of this. And how you've been.

Leah: There's no other way for me to be. You've saved me so many times.... I worry that I've been selfish with you. That I've taken advantages of... of your strength and your selflessness... and that I've, I've broken you somehow.

Y/n: No, no. You haven't. You didn't. I just have a weight in my heart, now that I didn't have before.... I was lighter today, though.

Through those last words, you try to reassure your wife. It works a bit. Then, you come snuggle in Leah's arms, resting your head on her chest, feeling her heart beats under her skin. The next morning, you're awake pretty early, Leah's still asleep next to you. You get out of bed, without making any noise to not wake her up. You head to the kitchen, looking for a cup of coffee.

Kim: Morning...

Steph: Morning, sunshine...

Y/n: Morning...

Steph: Coffee?

Y/n: Yes, please.

Steph pours you a cup of coffee and passes it to you. You sit next to Kim and drink it so carefully so you can enjoy it.

Kim: Do you want to go for a walk?

Y/n: I don't know...

Kim: Come on, it'll be fun... Come for a morning walk with me.

Y/n: Okay, fine.

Steph: Don't worry, I'll let Leah know when she'll be awake.

You keep drinking your coffee, and then go get ready. You put your hat on, your coat and boats, then outside with Kim for a little walk. You're walking through the trees, in the snow, breathing the pure air of the mountain.

Kim: Isn't beautiful?

Y/n: Yeah, it is... It makes me think of my mom... She would hate the cold, but loved to see her kids playing, smiling, laughing in the snow.

Kim: When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure. There are things that death cannot touch.

Y/n: I just wish she could be here, again.

Kim: I know... It's gonna be okay, kid.

Kim pulls you closer so she can give you a kiss on the forehead, and you keep walking for a bit, before coming back home. Once you're home, you go give a kiss to Leah, and sit next to her. Beth comes out of nowhere and hugs you from behind before give you a kiss on the cheek. You go through the rest of the day. You ended it in front of the fireplace while Leah is putting the twins in bed. Someone comes sitting next to you.

Caitlin: So this is the place?

Y/n: You don't have to check on me. I'm fine.

Caitlin: I'm not. I was just a little cold.

You're quickly joined by Beth and Leah while Viv, Steph and Kim are preparing the dinner. You reconnect with joy for a moment, smiling wildly, to the delight of Leah and the girls. Skip the rest of the little Mountain trip. Leah drives you back to London. You're at 2 days of Christmas. You're peacefully sat on the couch watching the TV, when Leah rushes over you pretty concerned.