40

When Jiang Ye slept, his back was turned to him, and he could barely see a glance with his eyes closed.

Seeing his frightened look in his eyes, Chi Yanchuan felt as if he had been shot in the heart.

She stiffly pulled the quilt for him: "Do you really don't want to see me?"

Jiang Ye took a deep breath, buried himself in the quilt, and answered his words with action.

"I'll just stay with you for a little while, and I'll leave when you fall asleep, okay..."

Many nights, he had cried all the tears in his eyes while he was in a trance and awake, and did not want to show his joy, anger, sorrow, and joy in front of anyone.

The only thing that can be done is to live like a zombie.

Chi Yanchuan looked at his back and felt a little at a loss. He waited quietly for him to fall asleep, even if he just wanted to accompany him every day.

When nightmares come, Jiang Ye likes to curl up into a ball and sleep without a sense of security. The hospital clothes he wears make his face even paler.

There is no Superman in the world, nor can we go back in time.

Chi Yanchuan couldn't protect him in his dream, and could only watch him shed tears with his eyes closed by his bedside. His hands were subconsciously placed on his lower abdomen, witnessing the sadness of the person he loved most but being unable to do anything about it.

Waiting for the sunrise, he carefully pulled the bed curtains tightly, hoping that Jiang Ye could sleep a little longer and stay up all night by his side for just a while.

——

Noon the next day.

Jiang Ye came out of the examination room. The doctor said that his organs had not reset, so he had occasional abdominal pain.

It will take some getting used to.

The doctor hopes that he will stay in a happy mood and get enough rest every day so that he can be discharged from the hospital soon.

Every time someone said something, he nodded dully, as if he really listened. In fact, his mind went blank, and he stared at the swallows building nests outside the window for a long time.

"Mr. Jiang, I'm going to get you lunch. Can you wait for me here? Or can I ask someone else to take you back first?"

There were not many people in the hospital today. On his floor, there were not many people coming and going because many of the machines that examined the body contained radiation. There were only occasional people passing by to register and take orders in the corridor.

There are bodyguards from the Chi family on every floor of the security passage and elevator. Jiang Ye will not escape, but he still finds it funny to see such a scene.

"I'll stay by myself for a while and then go back."

The nurse nodded: "Okay."

The marble floor tiles were polished very brightly by the cleaning staff. Jiang Ye sat on the bench for a while and carefully looked at whether the socks he was wearing were the ones Chi Yanchuan had given him yesterday.

Then he slowly stood up, ready to go back to the room and change his socks first.

"Brother Jiang?!" A bright and crisp voice called him from the distance in the corridor.

The sound was a bit loud, which attracted a glance from passers-by, and the nurse reminded him to keep his voice down in the hospital.

What caught the eye was Cheng Xiu's surprised eyes. He trotted over with the list in his hand, smiling broadly: "What a coincidence? Why are you in the hospital?"