58

The expected pain did not come. When Jiang Ye fell into the safety air cushion with a muffled sound, he felt that the world was spinning.

The people around him looked directly at him, and the sound of conversation drowned them like a wave.

He stood up and tried to get up, but the firefighters were holding him down and trying to carry him to the ambulance.

"Sir, you can't move now! Quick, paramedics, quick!"

Jiang Ye stood up in confusion. Before he fainted, he saw Chi Yanchuan vomiting blood as he rolled to the side. The flames were already burning from his back when he fell. Even his slightly long hair was burned. Roll up.

"Can you hear me? Can you hear me?" The firefighter waved in front of him.

It was difficult to breathe, my legs felt weak when I stood up, my heartbeat was "thumping, thumping", which almost shook my eardrums. I fell and wanted to stand up again.

The scene was in chaos, and everyone except the two of them had been evacuated.

From the moment Chi Yanchuan rushed upstairs, the firefighters were already hugging him. The airbags were inflated and the ninth floor, where there was not so much smoke, was also cushioned. There was a layer of buffer between the two people who fell, and they finally fell into the In the airbag.

The buzzing and blankness were not as enthusiastic as the words "Don't be afraid" that Chi Yanchuan said when he hugged him tightly.

——

Jiang Ye had no other consciousness except dizziness. When he woke up in the hospital, the news about today's fire was still playing on the TV.

"It is understood that the person who rushed into the fire was Chi Yanchuan, who disappeared from public view a few days ago. The explosion has been ruled out as a human factor, and the firefighters tried to dissuade him to no avail. There was also his rumored marriage partner in the building at the time. 2 Both people fell from the building, and the situation in the hospital is unclear. Let us focus on the front line..."

He was very familiar with the facilities in the ward, and the doctors and nurses breathed a sigh of relief when they saw him waking up.

He fell from the height of the 18th floor. If it weren't for the cushioning of the middle layer of glass and the airbag, it would have been a problem for him to survive, let alone lie here with almost no injuries.

"You can't go out in your current condition. You need to rest." The nurse tried to stop him from getting out of bed, but to no avail.

Jiang Ye's throat seemed to have been filled with sand, and his lips were dry and cracked: "Where is the other person...where is he?"

"You can't get out of bed yet! Please cooperate with the treatment."

The nurse wanted to block his way, but the ward door was pushed open, and the gentle man's voice interrupted her: "It's okay."

"Yan Qing."

He got out of bed with his bare feet and saw the person's face clearly, as if grasping a life-saving straw. Except for the obvious pain in his back, he felt no other discomfort.

Yan Qing was dressed in an office suit that he usually wore, with a neat tie. He came from Z City in a hurry, but he could always take care of everything.

This was the first time Jiang Ye saw a hint of melancholy in the eyes of Secretary Yan, who was always calm.

Yan Qing pursed her lips and stepped aside to open the ward door.