~ Chapter 4 ; The Mall ~

My heart skips a beat, but I keep still. Did a monster throw that? If so, I should act as if I hadn't seen that because of the Mist. Like, pretend to be a mortal. Though that may not work... like the monster might not bother to think about the difference in what mortals and demigods might see, and be uneducated in the topic of the Mist, and be more interested in gouging my eyes out.

I casually straighten up and head to the crowded mall, my bag on my back like some tourist.

I decide to casually stop in front of the shiny glass doors. Another dagger hits a panel above me and falls to my feet. Ignoring it, I casually focus on my reflection.

My first reaction- I'm pretty. I'm being modest here... I think.
Aphrodite, just claim me now. I have light, white-blonde hair with a bit of a golden touch. My skin is somewhere between deathly pale and snow white- dead snow? My eyes- they're a beautiful sparkling shade of vivid turquoise. I nearly don't notice another dagger flying past. Nearly.

Okay, never mind, I don't think Aphroditey powers will help me here.
YO ZEUSTA!

As if in a trance, I dazedly duck into the mall.
I guess shopping won't be bad. Pushing the thought of my pursuer aside, I casually think of what I could buy. Probably a mobile phone, which I'll have a Hephaestus kid modify and maybe new clothes. I might not like the Aphrodite kids' style. I start casually walking.

An hour later, I casually exit the electronics shop. I had casually bought a small phone. It was cool and efficient. I then head for clothes. Instantly, I'm casually drawn to the black, soft turquoise, and vivid dark pink clothes. But I take other colors too. I buy a few casual pairs of jeans and tops. A pair of boots too. As if anyone casually cares.

Peculiarly, everything fitted in my backpack. Not bad. I leave the mall while examining my expensive phone. Suddenly, something pushes me from behind. I drop the phone and it breaks. Well that lasted long.
R.I.P. phone from a dream. Hey did it pick the yellow button?

"Hey!" I yell.

Before I can turn around, a cold hand grabs my arm and everything goes dark.

Like, hazy, blackish, grey-like, uncasual-yet-not-formal dark.