€ WALTON € Chapter 56 ; His Son €

WALTON'S POV
Date: August 24
Time: 5pm
Place: Arena

I enter the arena to find Emily and Khristine turning the place into a Sun garden. They've dumped golden glitter with the texture of dirt onto the ground. There are yellow banners hung here and there. I can instantly tell it's something to do with Apollo. Yeah, I'm just smart like that.

I walk over to them.
"What's this for?"

"A party," Khristine answers vaguely.

"Birthday party for Haleigh," Emily adds.

"Is it a secret?" I ask. If it was... doesn't seem like a secretive one.

"Nope," Khristine says simply.

"Haleigh herself told Khristine to plan this for her," Emily says.

These two could be sisters. One's just more yellow and the other more silver.
"It's great so far. She's a daughter of Apollo then?"

"Yep. Smart observation," Khristine remarks.

"I know," I say indifferently. "If it weren't dark, I would've gone blind," I add.

"Yeah, it's just a bit bright," Emily states.

"So when will everyone show up?" I ask.

=====================u=

Within an hour, around a quarter of the camp had showed up. The rest couldn't be bothered to come. Despite it, Haleigh was still extremely excited.

I sit next to Khristine in the stands. I can see the entire party from here.
"It looks great," I say honestly.

"Of course it does," Khristine says brightly. How ironic.

I chuckle. "Why aren't you down there?"

"I'm looking for something."

"Something like?"

"Something bright."

"So this isn't bright?" I raise an eyebrow.

Khristine shrugs. "Hey, what were you following that day? On the Zeus Cabin."

I think for a second. "Oh, that. I saw this glowing piece of bronze. I wasn't sure what it was."

Khristine frowns.

"Why?" I ask.

"I have a bad feeling about it..."

"Nah, it was probably a trick of the light," I say confidently. Well I try-

"Maybe..." she says doubtfully.

I stay silent for a while. "So... care to elaborate what you're looking for?"

"Some glowing thingy," she answers.

"Not very helpful," I mutter.

Khristine looks up at the darkening sky. "I wonder... you know that quest I was talking about when we first arrived?"

"Wow that was so long ago... like six months... but yeah, what about it?"

"Do you think it'll happen?"

"Of course. Even I don't believe our demigod lives will be normal. There will be a great prophecy."

"When?"

"Umm... I think it'll be this year at most..."

She looks at me. "What do you think it'll be about?"

"Not sure." It will most probably contain the Titans. Some feud with them... it should be interesting.

"I think it'll be a rescue mission."

"Why?" I look at her. Well that was uncalled for... who'd need rescuing? Well besides some God.

She shrugs.

More silence. Suddenly, everything becomes brighter and I look around. It's... behind me? In front me? Around me...?

"Found it!" Khristine suddenly says.

"Found what?" I turn back.

"Look up," she says excitedly.

I do so and I see a golden music note floating above my head.