~ Chapter 39 ; Me, An Idiot? ~

It was Asuka. Thankfully, she's on my team. I think...
I quickly sit up and she drags me into the trees.

"What kind of idiot just walks into enemy base alone!?" She whisper-shouts.

"Apparently an idiot like me, but apparently I'm not alone," I say.

"Just shut up. The other team is winning. We're needed for defence."

"But I just got here-"

Asuka grabs me and drags me to Ash.

"What happened?" She asks.

"We're going to run out into the open and take down as many as we can. Guard our flag," Asuka says bossily. She abruptly takes off running to the open field.

I shrug at Ash and follow suit.

Our team is pushed back and most of us are lying on the ground in defeat, and sleepiness. I don't get how campers pulling all nighters were expected to be able to go against a horde of other campers with weapons.
I raise my bow and start shooting at the ground in front of the 'enemy' while keeping an eye out for a murderous Nico. I'm dead if he's nearby.

I run up to our flag where Irina and Annabeth are guarding it. Small battles are waging around us.

"Annabeth, what went wrong!?" I ask her.

"They went free, that's what! We kept most people on guard duty while the others went for their flag. They left no defence, so everyone charged at once, instantly drawing us back," she says angrily.

"So what now!?"

The other team is creeping closer. Irina scowls.
"We win, that's what."

She steps forward and raises her sword. It shines brightly and blinding bolts of lighting rain down, making the opponent team run back. The few people who got zapped were temporarily stunned. Stunned as in petrified.

"Retreat!" Clarisse yells.
That's odd...

The entire group of demigods run back.
I turn around on instinct and spot Nico next to our flag. He shadow travelled.
THE FUCK, IS THAT ALLOWED!? Well Irina just zapped a few people and I got guess everyone's too sleepy to care about rules and want to end this so...

Annabeth sees him too. "Hey!"

Nico grabs the flag while I run at him. Before he can leave, I tackle his legs and we both roll down the small hill and land in the shallow river beside it.

We both pull on both sides of the flag. I yank hard, and Nico falls face down in the mud.
I run back up to Irina, who's glaring at Nico with her blood red eyes.

Nico scowls and runs back to his team. He must've been resting the whole time, saving energy to pull off this last trick.

I suddenly hear shouts and look behind to see our side cheering. Ash is running towards us with the other flag in hand, screaming while everyone from the opponent team is chasing her. I would've laughed, if I weren't cold and damp.
Ash throws the flag towards Irina. She catches it and digs it into the ground beside her. Our team erupts in cheers.

A few people lift her onto their shoulders as a blue, glowing hologram of a lighting bolt appears above her head.

"Make way for Irina, the daughter of Zeus!" Annabeth shouts.

I notice Jason shoot her a furious look from the opposite end.