~ Chapter 54 ; Birthdays ~

Joey growls and pulls out his sword. Before he can skewer Nico, he starts glowing red.

"Ooh, a temper to match daddy's I see~" I say.

Joey blinks and looks up to see a floating war helmet. It takes him a moment to identify that as Ares' symbol. "Well, about time! Now, what was I doing?"

"You were going to go back to sleep, let's go."
He was definitely going to kill Nico. I wonder why Ares would save him... hmmm... no clue.

"Nice try. Where'd Nico go?" He looks around.
Nico was gone. Well there were plenty shadows around.

"He disappeared, we'll deal with him later," I say firmly.

----------------------------;-;

Time: 8am
Place: Hermes cabin

I wake up to Ash pushing me out of bed.

"You're going to miss breakfast!" She yells.

Groaning, I untangle myself from my quilt. Ash runs out before I can say anything.

Travis walks over. "You okay? You look like you didn't get any sleep."
He helps me up.

"I was up late training," I reply.

Travis nods. "And by the way, breakfast ends in a few minutes."

"Yeah, I'm going."

"Oh hey are you free tonight?"

I take a deep breath. "Look Travis, I would date you, I really would, but I'm not the dating type of person. Katie is one for you," I say abruptly. Well shit I'm mean.

Travis' eyes widen. Thank Gods that was what he meant- a date... it'd be weird if it was anything else and shit...
He tilts his head. "Are you sure?"

I nod. "Yep. Tratie is cool."

Travis looks slightly disappointed. "Alright then... But... to be honest, it's fine," he adds, trying to not come off as desperate. "And it was hard trying to choose to choose..."

"I know what that's like... anyway, your feelings are more genuine for Katie. I'm like just a temporary crush." I smile and head outside.

I run all the way to the mess hall, and quickly summon a sandwich from a stray plate on a random table. I pick it up just as the dishes disappear.

"Just in a nick of time, eh?"

I look down to see it was Haleigh who spoke. I was at the Apollo table, and she was sitting in front of me.
I nod. "Real close."

She smiles. "You're Khristine, right? I think you were the one who had said I was awesome when I was claimed... I've heard a lot about you."

"Like?" I ask hesitantly. Welp I'm heard around camp already.

"Like your humour, mini adventures and all that. Is it true you fought fifty hellhounds in the city while searching for your girlfriend?"

I blink. I'm not... girlfriend...? The rumours here are a bit more far fetched than those you'd find at school. Oh Gods I now have to go crush girl hearts. "I think you mean five, and if I ever went to the city, it was for shopping. I was attacked when I was gift shopping for Annabeth, Percy's girlfriend."

"Ah. That makes more sense. I heard it from Turner. Say, is he single?" She asks curiously.

Turner? I SHOULD'VE KNOWN- but why would he name me gay with all his ships? He wants to see some jelly?
"Umm... for now, but he has his eye on Butch."

"Oh." Haleigh shrugs. "Ah well."

Ash then bounds up to me. "Hey Khris, Chiron is looking for you and Joey. He told me to tell you two that you have to set up a camper's birthday party then clean it up. Something about threatening a counsellor..." she evidently wanted to know more.
Meh Turner will probably tell everyone. Something.

I sigh. "Why birthdays?"

"Not sure, but I do know someone who's birthday is coming up." She smiles.

"Yours?" I guess.

"Yep. August 8th. I expect colours to match my personality. Bye!" She heads off.

"Wow. Just elect me the official camp birthday planner, why don't you?" I sigh.

"Oh hey, my birthday's on the 24th," Haleigh says casually.

I look at her. "Any conditions m'lady?"

"Make it scream Apollo."

-----------------A/N---------------
I'M SO SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG I WASN'T ABLE TO PUBLISH ANYTHING-

By the way, this is 699 words ^~^