~ Chapter 30 ; Sour Seventeen Frank ~

Date: June 5th
Time: 3pm
Place: Strawberry Fields

Frank's birthday venue is... Well, from a Demeter kid's point of view, blissfully better.
So, thanks to us campers being so selfless, a lot of the Romans had had to fly in through eagles quite early. It looked like there was an entire cohort at least present. Clarisse kept mumbling that the arena would've been more cool, but, in my opinion, 500 people might be a bit comfy in there. There was the amphitheatre but... why when there's a berry place?

Thus the entire thing was just scattered across the strawberry fields.
I had strawberries as an appetizer.
I was hungry, okay? Okay.

Thankfully, the Fashion Police weren't on duty, but I didn't need them to tell me I'm fashionable. Some other guy beat them to it.

I blink and look down from the sky to see who just said 'cool outfit.'
He's probably referring to my usual clothes- orange t-shirt with white jeans and brown winter boots. I think that's what I'm wearing. Yeah, it is.
No I did not just check.

One of the Sleepy Sixteen (the name just stuck) was standing in front of me.
He looks a bit like Percy; Black hair and slightly tanned skin, only his eyes are brighter and greener. And he's a lot cuter. Cuter than Logan Lerman or whoever.
Cuter than Harry Styles. Though I don't think he's that cute.
I think his name is Timmy...

"Thanks... You look humanly too..." I say kindly.

Timmy chuckles. "Thank you," he says genuinely. "You alright there? You're just standing here, staring at the sky..." he says hesitantly. He probably thinks I ordered nukes to fall here... did I? I can't remember.

"Sun, actually," I correct.

He doesn't look any less concerned. "Is that... healthy?"

"Absolutely not. Except the light doesn't bother me." It effects me but it doesn't bother me. Like right now half my eyesight is black and dimmed.

"Ah. Right. Well, I'm Turner."

"I'm Khristine," I smile. Thank the Gods I didn't call him Timmy.

He grins. "Okay... I'm gonna go now..." he walks away.

Not weird at all.
I look back up at the sun when something suddenly tugs at my ankle and pulls me down.

I fall hard on my back. It takes me a moment to recover and then I sit up to see a vine wrapped around my foot.
Katie runs over and quickly frees me. Like sister like sister...
"I'm so sorry about that! It was an accident!"

"It's okay," I say.

"Hey... You're Christ, right?"

I stifle a laugh. "It's Khristine actually."
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST SHE CALLED ME-

"Oh, right. I'm Katie Gardner, head counsellor of the Demeter cabin."

"I know." I think she forgot about the poo incident. Well she didn't really look at me properly then. I smelled.

Katie smiles and helps me up to my feet. "You enjoying the party?"

"Not really," I say honestly.

"Ah. Yeah, nothing much to do."

"At least there's cake! Thank the Gods for cake."
Right then, a red, cubic object which I bet is the Gods-blessed/dammed cake, sails over our heads and lands on Frank's head.

From the food table, the Stoll brothers wince.

"Oops." I say nonchalantly.