» Chapter 34 ; Groupies »

Place: Near the forest
Time: Time to find Arthur

By the time we had reached the forest with Emily, Arthur was walking out with a green eyed boy who must be Turner. He kept asking Arthur questions but he doesn't seem to notice. He doesn't seem to care.

Arthur looks up and fixes his pitch black eyes on me as we approach. His blonde hair was messier then usual and he looked like he'd been in the forest the whole night... well then.

"What were you doing in there?" Emily asks.

"I found him wandering around," answers Turner, "and he said he was going to go in the forest to find something he saw and," Turner takes a deep breath, "I wouldn't let him go alone so I tagged along." Turner smiles. Huh Turner's a Talker.

I chuckle as Walton frowns at him, looking lost.
"Could you slow down a bit?"

"Huh? I'm not moving. But I'm still pumped up so I'll go for a run." Turner runs off.

"Alright. C'mon Arthur, we're gonna have a bonding session," I say.

Khristine mutters "that sounds wrong," before following me.
The others follow suit.

We stand loosely in the centre of the arena.
"So, let's try and figure out each of your godly parents. Let's start with Walton."
That's all I can think of. It's odd how these lot aren't getting claimed.

Walton looks at me slightly nervously, his orange hair glinting under the sunlight.

"Do you have any idea about your parent?" I ask.
He shakes his head.
"Let's test your skills."

I bring out a checklist from my pocket. I had this idea of an assessment to guess the parents of undetermined campers. Over time I made up activities, and now it was time to test it. It's still very underdeveloped.

Appearance wise, Hades, Athena, Poseidon, Zeus, Demeter, and Dionysus are at least crossed out. But I don't take that importantly. Appearance has pretty much nada play in this. Depends on the mortal parent too.

"Try archery first."

Walton draws an arrow and hits two out of three targets.
He does the same with daggers. I take a note on my list.

I then ask him to shoot blindly. He misses twice every time. I didn't expect him to succeed at all.

I then ask him to make something out of his bow. He ties the ends together with its string and uses it to dig. Until it breaks.

"Are you a good swimmer? Do you fear heights? Claustrophobia?"

"Umm... no, sorta, yes," he answers.

"You have higher chances of being a kid of Ares or Apollo, I guess." I emphasize on the last word.

Next is Emily.
She misses two targets first, then just one. She misses all when blinded. She makes a headband with a bendy arrow.

"Good swimmer? Thoughts on heights? Small spaces?"

"Yes, bad, they're okay."

"Highest chances are Hades, Poseidon, or Nemesis."

"Nemesis?"

"Bad luck with the targets," I shrug. "You might want to take revenge on the wood."
Maybe.