~ Chapter 44 ; I AM AWESOME ~

A/N
ISN'T WALTON CUTE ASDFGHJKLJNEHDBFGDHNAK
--------------------------------------------------

Date: July 5
Time: 9am
Place: Arena

After an hour, Joey finally let's us finish. We've trained in everything except for one-on-one combat. Joey had automatically became our 'trainer'; and the strict kind, must I add?

I sigh and sit down on the ground. My arms hurt and I'm really sweaty. I think Walton feels worse because he promptly collapses, lying down on the ground.

Joey is pretty much unaffected. He sits cross legged in front of us and wipes his forehead.
"That was fun. We should make this a regular thing."

"No-o-o," Walton groans.

Joey frowns at him. "Your stamina will eventually increase."

"No thanks," he says bluntly.

"Fine, then you don't have to come."

Wait but that would mean it'd just be the two of us...
No I will not give more opportunities to be killed.
Not that he'd want to kill me... Well he most probably doesn't like me at least. But still.

"Umm I don't know, because I have a lot of different things to do everyday..." I say hesitantly.
Things like; eat, think, breathe, and; breathe, eat, think, and; etc.

Joey glares at me. "Fine. Then whenever you're free."

"Err okay, sure."

Joey smiles at us. "Until then." He gets up and leaves.

I stay still for a moment, then I poke Walton. "You dead?"

He exhales. "Not yet."

I nod. "Okay. Just let me know when you are." I dazedly get up and leave as well.

I'm not sure what to do know so I just decide to find Ash. Suddenly, Percy runs up to me.

"Hey, Khristine!"

I smile at him. "Hi."

Percy looks around. "Did you see Anna?"

I shake my head. "Why?"

"No, just asking. Anyway, I have another question- I need your help."

I raise my eyebrows. "Yeah, sure."

"Umm it's about Annabeth's birthday... it's in six days and I haven't... ummm..."

"Gotten her something?"

"Yeah, that..." he says nervously.

"Oh. Okay. So you need my help?"

"Yeah. I'd ask Piper or someone but they might let something slip, and Annabeth would be able to tell they helped me, and, well I just happened to run into you."

Ah. Well thanks for saying that, I was thinking I was special or something.
Screw optimism.
"Well, of course I'll help! Okay, so don't you have any ideas at all?"

"I could buy her jewellery or books... she likes solving things."

I gasp. "I have the perfect idea!"
I sit down on the grass, partially because I was still tired and partially because I am darn tired.

Percy seems slightly taken aback by my childish act but he sits down as well.

"How about we use your ideas, so it's still mainly by you, but combine them with my help?"

Percy blinks. "Sure. How? Tape them together?"

"Well we will need tape, but, listen: how about you give her a scavenger hunt type thing which leads to special Percabeth places which holds small gifts? And umm for jewellery, let's keep the girly level at a low and get like diamond bookmarks and like a promise ring-"

"A ring!?" Percy shouts.

"What- not a wedding ring! Just a ring. And maybe throw in an apple-"

"But it's a ring!"

I chuckle. "Calm down, alright, forget the ring."
He didn't get my apple reference.

Percy relaxes a bit. "Okay, continue. Wait, isn't diamond expensive?"

"Not if Hazel gets us the materials and we craft it."

"Craft... there's some game like it..." he says uncertainly.

"Yeah, so, Hazel mines, we craft!"

Percy grins. "I love it. Let's get started."

"Yes, first let's decide on the small gifts."
My thoughts finally stop thinking and start reacting.
OH MY GODS THIS WILL BE SO FUN ANNABETH WILL BE LIKE-
THIS'LL BE THE BEST PRESENT EVER
THANKS TO ME
I LITERALLY JUST THOUGHT OF THAT AMAZHANG IDEA IN A SECOND
((I actually really did, but is it amazhang?))

Percy nods excitedly. "Okay, maybe... ooh, we can give her coupons, like- one hug, one kiss... but I'd give that anyways."

"Maybe one frick, one frack."

"What?" He asks, confused.

I shake my head. "OH! We can get her tickets! Who's her idol?"

"Umm... maybe Athena. And she always wanted to go the the British Museum thing place."

I gasp again, rather fan-girlishly. "We can get you two to London and she can see the museum!"

Percy gets up to his feet. "THAT. IS. AMAZING! I CAN SEE ALL THE PREHISTORIC FISH!"

Wow, he knows the word prehistoric...
"Well... they're kinda sorta dead, but do you think we're overdoing this?"

Percy shakes his head. "Maybe a bit, but she's turning eighteen. An adult- the last of her teenage years!"

"Hmm... you make a point..." I get up. "It's settled then. We might need to go to the city to get boxes and tools, but leave that to me."
Annabeth's a month older than Percy? I can't remember that detail. I think in House of Hades...

"But... we're not allowed to leave camp..." Percy says sadly.

"Without permission. That part's easy." I smirk.