~ Chapter 87 ~

OuO This evilness feels great

Song: Let it Die by Starset.

Once I'm sure all the debris has impaled who it has to, I sit up and frantically look around. I'm perfectly fine. I first see Will running somewhere, and Ash is yelling. I can't hear properly. Then I see who pushed me down- someone who could shadow travel.

The place where I was standing a minute ago, now had a huge metal shard in its place. Nico shadow traveled me a few meters away... he was the only person nearby.

Wait- where's Arthur?

I see him near the Hades cabin. He's curled up on the floor, and his head is bleeding. Nico looks okay, so I run to Arthur. He's only barely conscious. I force his hands away, and there's a wound on his forehead, staining his blonde hair. My hand starts glowing, and I place it on the source of the blood. It starts mending as my head starts aching.

Then, I hear someone yelling my name.

"KHRISTINE! GET OVER HERE, WE NEED YOUR HELP!"

I look up, feeling queasy. Walton. I see Walton lying in front of the Hephaestus cabin, and there are people around him. And... there's something... in his stomach.

I curse and immediately run up to him. Walton had a higher chance of death than Arthur right now. I kneel next to him and stare and the metal. It looks like a bronze cog and... so much blood.

Will looks at me, fearful. "You heal, I pull."

I nod and place my hands on either side of the cog. I start absorbing the pain and my vision blurs for a moment. But this queasiness is numbing me. Will swiftly pulls out the cog, and my breath hitches for a second in the sudden pain.

I remove my hands and properly look at Walton.

He's already dead.

No

No but-

His eyes are closed and... he's pale. I can feel an emptiness in his body...

"What?" I look up. "He's-"

Will winces and gets up. "I'm sorry..."

WHEN DID HE DIE!? WHILE I WAS HEALING HIM? WHEN WILL PULLED THE BULLSHITTED COG OUT?

Thinking I'm still dreaming, I slowly get up. The campers around the area have decreased. Someone takes my hand and leads me to a pinkish cabin. It's Turner I guess. I don't know this nightmare is too messed up to tell.

"Khristine?" he snaps his fingers in front of my face.

I blink and realize I put my bloody hands in my pockets. "Hm?"

"Kray... what's going in in your mind...?"

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing...." I look down at the ground. Nothing is true. I don't believe this. "He just suddenly..." I smile painfully, trying not to cry. "The quest didn't even happen... why?"

"Death doesn't really care about plots and stuff..." Turner looked towards the Hephaestus cabin. I turn around to see Walton's body being carried away. "I think he chose the yellow button."

"Oh yeah... he once was following a floating bronze thing... that could have been an indicator." My throat starts hurting. I know that symptom all too well. I hold my breath when "Wait Arthur took the yellow button too- on that same day-"

"OH I remember! I went with him in the forest and he said he could see a purple shard! I couldn't but...." Turner frantically looks around. "Where is he?"

CRAP HOW CAN I-

FIRST I FORGET WALTON AND NOW ARTHUR!?

He's still alive-

He's leaning against his cabin.

Feeling guilty as hell, I run up to him. "You okay, Arthur?"

He blinks at me, then-

Wait what he just hugged me

I raise my eyebrows in slight surprise. I don't like hugs. But... I still hug him back.

"You didn't have to heal me. I would have been fine for a while..." he sounds as if he feels bad for getting his skin grazed off.

I don't say anything.

I presume he knows Walton is dead. He must have seen it- and felt it...

After a moment, he steps back. "I'm fine, don't worry..." he says. With that, he heads into his cabin.

2017 update
Not as painful as I had intended it to be
Gfg 2k16 me.