Newtmas - Bonfire Heart

Sorry for the long wait, but I have many ideas now, yay!
So a huge thank you to LoverofNewtmas for this idea, I love it!
Based on: Bonfire Heart by James Blunt

Newt's POV

"Newt! Can you come down here for a sec?" I heard my mum shout.

Sighing, I walked downstairs, keeping my phone in my hand.

"What? I was getting ready for school!" I complained, standing in front of my parents, in the kitchen. They both had worried looks on their faces, and I wasn't quite sure why.

"Newt. Y-You might want to sit down for this." My mum spoke, her voice shaking.

"No. I think I'm good." I replied, starting to get nervous.

Had they found out? I didn't think it was that obvious. I mean, I was going to tell them soon, I was just waiting for the right moment.

"Newt . . . my little Newtie. We . . . th-there's s-something that your dad and I ha-haven't told you yet . . . " mum started, but she lost her nerve and couldn't finish what she was about yo say. She looked up at my dad, silently asking him to continue.

My dad sighed, taking a deep breath, before explaining.

"Son, there's not really an easy way to say this . . . but . . . when you were born, your mother and father were very young, they couldn't look after themselves well enough, let alone a baby. So, they started looking for parents willing to adopt you, baring in mind, you hadn't actually been born yet. They found us two, we had been trying for years to have a child of our own, but were unsuccessful. So we decided to adopt you. We raised you ever since you were born, though, when you were still very young, your parents used to visit you and-"

I stopped listening after that, dropping my phone to the flood. I totally zoned out.

Adopted?

I couldn't believe it! After all these years, they waited until I was nearly 17 to tell me!

"Wait! Why has it taken you guys so long to tell me this?" I interrupted, growing angry. The people I had once called parents stood in front of me, now seemingly strangers.

'N-Newt, love. W-We couldn't exactly tell you when you were young. You may not have taken it so well."

"But why now? Now, when I'm about to go to school! Now, when I'm nearly a fully grown adult! I'll be leaving home soon! And you wait until now?" I screamed.

They stood there, speechless for a moment.

I bent down to pick up my phone, which now had a huge crack down the screen, before storming out of room. I ran to the door, throwing on any old shoes and left the house, not closing the door behind me.

"Newt! NEWT! Come back, love."

I ignored the calls of my name, running all the way to school.