You Can't Tell Anyone (6)

"Who exactly did you book this appointment with?" You enquired after what seemed like hours in the back of Harry's boiling hot car.

"This doctor was literally the best. She took care of my cousin when she had her baby and she swears to God, it hurt less simply because she did it" he said holding one arm up and one hand on his heart. His exaggeration making Simon and yourself snort with laughter in the back.

"But it's so far away. What happens when she goes into labour?! How are we supposed to get to this place if it feels like hours getting here?" Simon pointed out. The moment he mentioned you going into labour you completely zoned out. You had only ever thought of the aspect of having the baby inside of you then actually having the baby. You'd never actually thought about the having of the baby.

The thoughts of that tiny human being squeezed out of the smallest area made a shiver go down your spine, returning to the conversation as Harry piped up with a laugh.

"You're not having any fucking children in my car, no way!" He laughed, you giggled along at the thought of Harry's rage if you did actually give birth in his car and made a huge mess. Just him screaming almost as much as the baby would be because you accidentally got a bit of placenta on his Italian leather seats.

"Language Harry" you teased, placing your hands on your stomach to mimic holding the babies ears. He apologised before Cal got us back to the conversation at hand.

"She's not based out there all the time. When the time comes it will just be in the regular hospital, no miles and miles, this is just her office. She couldn't fit is in at the closer hospital only this one." None of what he was saying made sense. You could've held off and not traveled this far for a check up. However a bigger question had cropped up in your head.

"Wait so what if I go into labour and she's at this other fucking hospital? Am I supposed to squeeze my legs together and think of England?" You scoffed.

"You won't give birth in under an hour Y/N. Unless you've got some projectile missile children and some sort of log flume in your hooha then you'll be waiting for a good 10 hours at least" his words weren't making you feel any better. 10 hours of sweaty, painful labour in a hospital with these 3?

You could just imagine it, Simon has passed out, Harry is screaming and Cal is trying to take control and doing everything by the book but is just causing more havoc. They're probably going to get kicked out of the fucking hospital.

You slowly sunk back in your seat and held your stomach with your bare arms. Your grip on your dark blue tank top turning your knuckles white.

"Please don't hurt me" you whispered at your stomach. You were trying to be as quiet as possible but you knew Simon heard, you saw his head flick up and a small breathy laugh escaped his lips.

There was another excruciating amount of miles before you had finally pulled up in a hospital car park. Cal taking lead and manoeuvring you all through corridors and up stairs and into lifts. You were completely and utterly lost but Cal seemed to know exactly where he was going.

You arrived in a small white room with blue plastic chairs lining the floor neatly. A huge sign above the front desk that read 'family planning' the planning was over, it never actually happened, this was the actual doing part, no need for more family plans. You walked in, eyeing everything carefully, the posters on the wall and diagrams dotted around the room. Cal shoved your lower back a little as you came up to the front desk, pushing you forward to check in.

"Y/F/N, I have an appointment" you chirped nervously. Your feet shuffling anxiously. The lady looked you up and down before going to her books.

"What doctor are you sing today, Miss Y/L/N?" You turned to Cal for help, ignoring Simon and Harry in the corner, cautiously poking at model foetus in a model womb.

"Doctor Davidson" he assured her. You mouthed a thank you to him before turning back to the lady. She write something down before instructing you to take a seat.

"I don't like this place" you admitted to Simon as you sat down, nervously staring around the room at all the intimidating pregnancy posters and models.

"Well it's a good thing you don't live here then" he smiled. With the amount of hormones running around your body, it took everything in you to stop yourself from punching him in the face. You simply shook your head slowly, his grin fading into a pout.

You don't know how long you were waiting but it was long enough to agitate you, your bare knee was bouncing up and down as your hands were dug firmly into your light denim shorts. Anxious anticipation turning you into a nervous-wreck.

"Y/F/N?" A lovely looking lady called from the desk. A bright smile on her face. She was a fairly plump lady, a slight wobble with her walk, but her smile was so warm and kind. Her facial expression was a little worried as you stood up with 3 other tall boys following you in, a confused expression adoring her round face.

"It's nice to meet you, I'm doctor Maria Davidson and I understand you're looking for a doctor to help you through this pregnancy" she smiled as you nodded. Trying your best to ignore the eager nodding from Cal. The look on her face said that she was as well.

"Now first things first. Are you 100% sure it's a pregnancy?" She asked, you furrowed your eyebrows before she chuckled.

"It happens more than you think" you giggled softly before nodding your head. At least you were fairly sure.

"Second of all, I'm assuming one of these gentlemen is the father or have we got some kind of Jeremy Kyle business going on?" She laughed again but her face told us that she was actually hoping she hadn't said too much to put us in an awkward situation.

"No the father isn't here today. These are my best friends" you smiled sadly, the doctor gave you a sympathetic smile before placing a hand on your knee.

"Shall we get you set up for a sonogram then?" She chirped, trying to lighten the mood. You nodded happily.

You didn't know you were going to get to see this baby yet, you knew that right now it was just a blob, just a spec. But the thought of seeing this thing, this tiny thing that's changed so much. It felt like a dream. A wonderful dream.