You Can't Tell Anyone (7)

You laid yourself down on the hospital bed, the doctor placing the sheet over your legs as you were instructed to remove your clothing from the waist down.

"Can we come in yet?" A small voice echoed through the door. The boys decided it was best to leave the room as you undressed and said they would wait outside, a small laugh escaped your lips as the doctor smiled fondly at you.

"Yeah come in" she called back, all the boys rushed in and grabbed chairs to sit beside you. All of them fighting for the same spot.

"Are you excited?" Cal slapped your leg eagerly as he geared up to watch the screen.

"Calm down squeezy you're making me nervous" Simon chuckled, nudging the back of his head. You never knew just how excited cal got over children and pregnancy stuff, it was surprising but cute.

You smiled anxiously at the boys then turned to Harry, raising your eyebrows in a scared attempt to mentally tell him you were nervous. He smiled and reached out for your hand, squeezing it tightly. The small action making you feel at ease.

As the doctor fiddled with the equipment, you couldn't help the pang in your stomach that wanted Josh there. It should be him holding your hand, it should be him witnessing your baby on the screen for the first time. He should be here. But he's not.

"Okay Y/N how far along are you exactly?" She asked as she typed in a few things.

"The test said it was about 10 weeks or something" you mumbled as she nodded her head. She brought out a squeezy bottle with blue gel inside, squeezing a small dollop onto your lower stomach, a small gasp coming from your lips.

"Cold?" Harry asked with a laugh, you nodded your head making the rest of the boys chuckle along as well.

"Okay Miss Y/L/N if I could ask you to remain perfectly still" she brought out a scanning wand and started moving it around your stomach, spreading her gel around to look for any signs of life.

"How to you feel?" Simon asked nervously.

"Like a piece of toast being buttered" you giggled referring to the wand and gel being moved swiftly over your skin. She paused just above your abdomen before freezing the image.

"Okay, here is your uterus" she pointed around the screen with her pinky finger, nothing but black and white blobs as far as you could see.

"Here is the uterus wall" she zoomed in a small bit, an action that only made you more confused because as far as you could tell she only made the blobs bigger.

"And right here, is your baby" she beamed at the screen, Harry's loose grip on tie hand suddenly becoming significantly tighter as she pointed to a small white spec in the middle of a black blob. Your eyes began to tear as your heart began to flutter. The room was filled with silence as everyone gaze was fixated on the tiny spec.

It was such a beautiful moment, one you'll treasure forever. You were looking at your baby. Right now, you could see what was inside of you. It was amazing. Your tiny little human was nothing more than a tadpole by now and you never knew you could love anything so much.

It didn't even have a brain yet and already it was the most important thing you've ever had.

"Wow" Cal breathed, breaking the silence. The doctor saved the data before leaving, allowing you guys to talk it over but, there really wasn't much talking. Just staring at this teeny tiny little thing.

You knew everyone was thinking exactly what Cal had just said but you couldn't stop yourself from saying it again.

"Wow" you croaked as a few tears glided down your face.

"I know" Harry whispered.

"Y/N that is inside you. Y/N that is a person. Oh my god, you're gonna be a mum" the reality of it all had suddenly hit Simon like a ton of bricks and he had become a rather pale colour. Cal ended up having to take him outside for a breather.

"You okay?" Harry asked softly, tilting his head to the side to look at you sympathetically.

"It's just- that will one day be a person. It will be my person. I'm having a baby Harry. I don't know if I can do this" your fear of not being able to look after a baby had been one that had been with you for a while, a long while. Having kids wasn't exactly something you'd ever picture yourself doing if you were honest, you'd always picture yourself as a childless person. But now that this was happening you didn't ever want to stop looking at this image.

You'd always been a bit scared that if you did have kids, they'd get taken away from you, that you'd be a bad mother. Now this was all becoming a reality, those thoughts were getting so much stronger.

"Hey" Harry slapped your arm.

"You're gonna be a great mum! You have us to help and you know all girls go into this not even knowing what a nappy is! You'll learn. We'll help, I mean, Simon might also need a little but of help too but we'll get there" his smile was so warm, something you rarely saw. This pregnancy really had brought a great friendship out of this. This was a side to Harry you never knew. It was so kind, so gentle. It made you wonder how he ever got the reputation as the face of YouTube rage.

After you had gotten cleaned up and bought the pictures, a dozen wallet sized ones which you handed to each the boys, you walked out of he hospital with a great feeling. A happy, complete feeling.

"We need to celebrate" Harry chirped as he swung an arm around your shoulder, walking back to the sat together.

"Let's go to a party! I think JJ is having a party tonight." You frowned at the idea.

"We're not telling anyone yet, I want to wait as long as I can" you scorned him.

"I'm no saying we tell anyone! I'm just saying, you're not going to be able to fit into any cocktail dresses soon, Y/N and you need to go partying while you still can! You think you'll be able to go clubbing when you have a baby on your hip 24/7?!" You thought for a moment. Weighing out he pros and cons of his argument. He was right, soon you won't even be able to so much as contemplate about going to a party like one of JJ's house parties.

"One condition" you smiled cheekily, making Cal excited.

"No matter how drunk any of you get, you don't blab about the baby. If any of you so much as thinks about this foetus during that party you will receive a swift kick to the balls" you warned, making all three of them cover their crotches immediately. You laughed as you got into the car.

Maybe tonight could go well? Maybe not. I guess we'll have to play it out, watt and see.