chapter 4

I looked for the best locations and security. In 2 days would be my birthday, so i invited all my colleagues except Austin.

The day was there and i drove to Sunny Side, luckily the boss of it knew me, so i could celebrate there. I parked in front of the pub when my phone buzzed. "Hello?" "Happy birthday to you!" A sexy voice sang for me. "Jared? Is it you?" "Yes!" "And Tomo!" "And Shannon!" Tomo and Shannon yelled from the background. And again they began to sang. "Thank you so much!" "We have a surprise for you!" Tomo said. "What? What have you three done?" "You'll see!" Jared hung up. "What was that for?" I said irritated to myself. I hopped out of my Jeep and went to the pub. Once i knocked on the door Evelyn, the boss, opened the door. "Hi Paige, happy birthday!" "Aw thanks Evelyn." I threw my jacket and bag on the counter. "Everything alright Ev?" She had a huge smile on her face. "Yeah, just looking forward for tonight." "Okay. Yeah it'll be fun." She hid something from me, i knew her for some years. We threw confetti and balloons all around the pub. It was almost 8, so i went to the rest room and changed into a black cocktail dress. I tied my long blonde hair in a bun. I walked back to Evelyn. "Let's start the party!" We cheered and Evelyn opened the door. Some of my colleagues were already there, they gave me some gifts. After some hours everyone were there, only David missed. "Don't you wanna open your gifts?" Mr Nolan said from behind me. "Later Mr Nolan." I giggled. Suddenly Naomi got on a small stage in a corner. "Happy birthday Paige! We have a big, big surprise for you!" She pointed to a room behind the counter. The door open slowly. I saw a pink hawk, there they were! Jared, Tomo and Shannon! I screamed and cried, i ran towards them and jumped onto Jared's arms. "You made it! You are here!" "Yes, just for you girl!"

*Jared's POV*

I hugged Paige as tight as i could. "I can't believe it!" "You can!" Tomo said. I let her down and she hugged Tomo and Shannon. She cried and laughed of happiness. We got on the stage and played just for her. After an hour a brown haired guy came in. Paige rushed to him and hugged him. "Who's that?" Shannon asked me. "David..." "The guy from the airport?" "Yes..." She kissed him on his cheek. "Don't look so angry Jay. Let's have some fun!" Tomo said laughing. "Let's get a drink Tomo." Shannon.pulled Tomo with him, still looking at me. I followed them and ordered a water. "Why am i so jealous?" I thought by myself. Paige and David came to me. "Jay, this is David." "I know... hi i'm Jared." "Nice to meet you." I nodded, took a bottle of water and went to a table.

*Paige's POV*

I saw Shannon walking outside and i followed him. "Hey Shannon, ehat happened to Jay?" "What do you mean?" "He was so strange... so unfriendly when i introduced him David." "I have no idea!" "C'mon, you're his brother, you know something." "No really, he saw you and David and his mood was immediately awful." "Oh okay..." I walked back into the pub, still wondering about Jared. I ignored Jared, at least i tried. After some hours the first people left again. I walked to Jared and talked to him. "What's wrong?" "Nothing!" "Don't lie. I thought we are friends and tell each other everything." "We are! Okay... I don't like him." "David? You don't know him." "I know, but i have a strange feeling." "Don't worry Jay!" I smiled at him. Once i took his hand i pulled him with me and we began to dance. "Jay, i jave something for you." I said, wrapping my arms around his shoulders. "What?" "I'll show you." I laughed and walked to the counter, gravbing a small box from behind it. "You're so cute! When did you took it?" He said once he opened the box. "Last time we hung out." "Wow, thank you so much!" He hugged me, when Shannon came to us, garbbing the photo out of his hands. "Aw so sweet! You two would be an amazing couple!" I blushed a bit and so did Jared. "Shut up Shan!" We began to laugh.

The party was over and i said good bye to the boys. "When will i see you again Jared?" "After the tour..." "That's a long time, but we can meet the two concerts here in Florida." "Oh right! I'm looking forward." "Me too." I hugged Jared again., the last time for a pretty long time. I began to cry as they drove away. "Don't cry, you'll see them again." "I know, but it's so hard... He's my best friend!" Savid hugged me and i laid my head on his chest. I looked back up, into his dark eyes. He bent down and we kissed. "I'm sorry!" I said when i pulled away. He shook his head and bent down again.