chapter 69

Without asking the boys, I decided to keep Gregory, Greta, Gabi and Dirk and his family here. Actually they wanted to go home at the next day, but I didn't wanted them to go already. I wanted them to show my home, my city and my life.
It was Sunday and Jared and I showed them Hollywood and everything they had to see. Let's say we did a sightseeing tour. We ended the evening with a dinner at Jared's favorite vegan restaurant. Maybe I'll never understand how he can live without meat completely.

The weekend was over and I had to work again. I asked Gabi to join me and she agreed. Back in Germany and Austria she had a similar job. Like usual I drove straight to my favorite bakery. An old store, owned by an old lady, Mary. As always I bought a huge cup of vanilla chai-latte and crossaints, this time just for 2.

After a short ride we arrived at the wedding agency. I parked in the parking garage and we made our way up to the 3rd floor. We stepped out of the lift and entered the big office. "Wow!" Gabi whisper yelled. "What?" "It so huge! And all the nice dressed mannequins in here!" She pointed to some figures, which wore fancy, chic and elegant wedding dresses. I laughed and walked the small aisle down to my desk. I put a 2nd chair next for Gabi next to me. As soon as we sat down, Kathy the receptionist came to me. "Hi Paige. Do you have a minute? There are new clients for ya." I nodded and stood up, dragging Gabi with me.

Kathy brought just the coffee in our conference room, where I talked with the new client. "First of all I need some personal informations about you 2, like names, date of birth, how long you've been a couple etcetera etcetera." I said smiling and handed Gabi the notebook. "Okay, my name is Ron Gotlieb, born August 10th 1987 in San Bernardino." The man said and Gabi took notes. "And I'm Lynn Brown, in Cincinnati, Ohio on February 16th 1988. And we're a couple for 4 years." "I'm Paige Clark. How about we forget the last names? I mean we're working together for the next few months." I asked politely. "Great idea! It's much friendlier." Ron said and poured coffee into his cup.

"God! I love your work!" Gabi said as we headed back home. "You meet so many people! And you're planning the biggest day in the people's lives!" I giggled. "I'd love to have such a job... Or even a job..." Suddenly her mood changed. "Gabi? What's wrong?" "Well... Since I live in Miami, I haven't been working at all. No one wants me." "You did almost the same like me didn't you?" "Yes. Why are you asking?" "Oh... Has no reason." I smiled, I knew exactly what I could do to help her.