chapter 53

*Shannon's POV*

As soon as we arrived at the hospital, we were picked up by a nurse. "Mr Leto, great you could make it that soon." "What's wrong with her?" "You'll see..." The nurse smiled at Jared. "Is she awake again?" I burst out. She doesn't answered and continued her way.

We reached the door of Paige's room. The nurse opened the door and let Jared walk in. Silence, almost deadly silence... "Shannon!" Jared's voice echoed trough the hallway. I rushed inside and stopped. "Holy fucking shit!! Paige! Wooooohooo!" I began to cheer and to celebrate. "Please Mr Leto, calm down. This is a hospital." The nurse scolded. I walked over to her bed, where she sat. I couldn't believe she was awake again! "How? Why? What?!" Jared stuttered. "We heard her screaming an hour ago. Out of nowhere... Suddenly she screamed her name Mr Leto." The nurse answered my brother. "Just like that?" "Yes, coma patients often wake up without any signs. The doc will come around soon to check her values." We nodded and the nurse left the room. "Why did you screamed?" Jared sat down on a chair next to Paige's bed. "Why my name?" "The last thing i remember is that I thought about you and..." Paige explained but paused soon. "And what?" "That... That you could have found a someone else..." Paige teared up. "Babe... No! How could you think that? I love you... only you..." I left the room, the 2 lovebirds needed some time alone.

As the sun was raising, we went back home. We needed sleep and Paige had to get through some tests. After a quick breakfast, we went in our rooms to sleep a bit.

*Paige's POV*

The bright lights were still blinding me, although I was already awake for a while now. I could drink water already, because my throat was dry like the dessert. And i was also humgry, but the nurse said i wasn't allowed to eat anything for at least 2 days. After a day full of test and giving blood, i had a few hours to relax. I needed this free time... As i closed my eyes to enjoy the silence, the door opened and Jared came in. "Ho babe... How are you?" "Hi, I'm okay. It's so exhausting to be in a hospital." I smiled at him. To have him with me eased the situation so much. I couldn't describe how much I missed and needed him. "Jay? How long was i out?" "Over 3 weeks..." I felt a big lump in my throat. What the hell happened that i was in coma for so damn long?!