chapter 43

I wore Jared's engagement ring proudly and showed it to the world, not actually mentioning Jared. I didn't wanted to get in any trouble with the fans or that Jared get in trouble.

After that meeting with Christyl and David, i broke down. I managed to get through this horrible situation, after i cried my eyes out. Gladly Katie agreed to stay with me in that room... together with him... Today i had a meeting with my boss Ms Valentine. As soon as i arrived at the agency, i made my way to her office. I went straight in and sat down on the chair in front of her huge desk. "Paige... What can I do for you?" I stared at her for a few seconds, not knowing how to start. "Can someone else take my clients?" "Who and why?" She looked at me with wide opened eyes. "Christyl and David... I...I can't work with them." I began to stutter, my throat became tight. "What's wrong Paige?" "Well... He... He's my ex boyfriend...and... let's say it ended pretty ugly... Because of me... he got arrested." I couldn't breathe easily. I was about to cry again. No-one scared me so much like him. "He what? Paige, tell me what happened!" "I caught him with cocaine and called the police... He swore me that I'd pay for it... Ms Valentine, i'm scared..." "Good, I'll tell them that we can't plan their wedding. I don't want my employees to be scared or threaten."

It didn't felt good to ruin Christyl's wedding, but i couldn't plan a wedding for the man who wants to hurt me. No-one would plan a wedding for the ex boyfriend, especially when he said you'll pay for doing the actually right thing. I didn't knew where and when Ms Valentine would talk to Christyl and David, so it was still possible that we could cross paths. And like i knew it, we did. I was on my to the restrooms, walking the hallway down along the elevator. Right in this moment the doors opened and the 2 stepped out. My jaw dropped, i couldn't help but it seemed like the devil himself stared at me. Every time I met him, he had this devilish smile. I rushed the hallway down, ignoring that Christyl called my name.

I was frozen... I held onto the sink in front of me, staring at the pale and scared picture of myself in the mirror. How could one man scare me to death? How could one man make me this way? I was a total wreck...

bad things happen, good things happenOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara