chapter 26

*Paige's POV*

It was a long and hard night, but We had a lot fun. Seeing this 2 persons getting married and have the chance to start new, melted my heart. They spread the love, they shared it. Greta and Greg were a super cute and amazing couple. To share this experience with my sister was important for me. It was my very first wedding.

It was sunday afternoon, i just had a hot bath and wanted to slip into my clothes. My phone began to buzz and i wrapped a towel around my body. "Hello?" "Paige! I wanted to thank you for this wonderful day! You did an amazing job! You should start to plan more weddings!" "Oh thanks Greta. I don't think I have the patience for that." I giggled. "You have! You planned this within 10 weeks! It's like a miracle!" "Oh, don't say that." "But it is! I bet your own wedding will be a blast!" "My own wedding?" "Yes, well we in Germany believe that the woman who catches the flowers will marry next. So Paige, you'll marry. No matter how much time it'll take. And i know a special one, who could be the one." "You mean Jared, aren't you?" "Of course! Who should I mean else?" We began to laugh, but Maybe she was right. I loved Jared more than words could describe. Imaging both of us in the nicest dresses, saying "I will", to swear that we would love each other eternally, to dance with each other forgetting the world around us, all this let the tears form in my eyes. "Paige?" Greta's voice brought me back to reality. "Yes? Oh I'm sorry. I got lost in my thoughts." "I see. What have you been thinking about?" "Jared..." "You miss him, aren't you?" "Yes..." "How long will it take until he's back?" "2 or 3 weeks." "That's not long." "Yeah, but It has been over 3 months now..." "True, but Now It'll be more wonderful to see him again." "Maybe you're right." "Keep your head high, sweetheart. I gonna call you, but Now I have to go. Our honeymoon is waiting." "Oh yes! Have fun there! And don't you dare to come back pregnant." "I'll try my best. Bye Paige!" She laughed. "Bye Greta!"
I hung up on her and went to my bedroom. Pulling a shirt from mars out of the wardrobe, my thoughts traveled back to Jared. I knew what it meant to be the girlfriend of a rock star and usually i liked it to have space for your own, but To be so far away from him broke my heart. Could i take this any longer?

Work was calling me, but I had a strange feeling to go to work. As soon as i arrived i saw a bunch of suits in front of me. "What is going on here?" I asked one of my co-workers. "The bog bosses came, all i heard was that some of us may get fired." I felt the lump in my throat. Once i brought my bag to my desk we all were called to come to Dirk's office. "Ladies and gentlemen, in the last few months the sells sunk. Because of this we lost a lot of money. I'm sorry to tell you all that we were forced to reduce your costs and this means we have to fire a few people." I saw my job running away. I felt that someone took my hand, looking next to me i saw my co-worker Hanna. She was new and that meant she could be the first to be fired. "I want to make this quick, so I going to say the names frome those we have to release." The suited man said. One name followed the next. Hanna, Austin, Naomi and several other people. "And the last one Paige..." "No!" Dirk cut the man off. "Firt you're firing Naomi and now Paige? Those 2 girls work as hard as me!" "That's why, they are the both 2 girls with the highest paying here, besides you." My jaw dropped down, tears ran down my cheeks, but I still tried to calm down Hanna, who cried her eyes out. "I'm sorry for all of you! I wish you luck to find a new job." That's all The man said before we walked away. Dirk came to us, hugging me and Naomi. "I'm so so so Sorry." "It's not your fault Dirk. We gonna find something new." Naomi Smiled at him. "If i can help you with your jobs call me. No matter when." "Thanks Dirk."