chapter 51

*Jared's POV*

We sat next to her bed for hours now, Shannon fell asleep on a really uncomfortable chair. No-one here could say us when and if she would wake up again. It destroyed me from the inside to see her laying in this this hospital bed with closed eyes, wired up to different machines. I knew I couldn't do anything right now, except for holding her hand and just to be there. I held her hand and never wanted to let it go again. I stared at her, concentrating on her face. I still hoped she would just open her eyes, her bright eyes and smile at me. All i wanted was to see her innocent smile.

The hours went by with the annoying beeping sound of the machines.Still staring at her, i noticed something running down her cheeks. It looked like drop... tear drops... Was it possible that she could cry in this condition? I jumped up and called a nurse, waking Shannon up. She looked at Paige and checked the machines. "I think she's actually crying Mr Leto. I've never saw a person in this situation crying." Even the nurse was surprised. "I'll get the doc." She said leaving the room. Moments later the nurse came back with a doc. He also was checking the machines."That's a very good sign. If you want you can talk to her Mr Leto. It's possible that she can hear you." My eyes widened. I've heard about this already. A a lot people thought that a person in this conditions can hear what happens around them. Once the doc left i began to speak to her. "Paige? Babe... I hope you can hear me... I love you! I'll always will..." I tried not to tear up again. Shannon stood behind me, touching my shoulder. "We miss you Gnome." He whispered.

I opened my eyes again, seeing the bright sun outside. My head was laying on Paige's bed. I fell asleep... I took a look around, seeing that Shannon was away. I shrugged it off, he was probably outside for a cigarette or he got coffee. Soon he was back again handing me a cup of coffee. "You should eat too Bro." "I'm not hungry." "Doesn't matter... You haven't eaten since 2 days." "Maybe..." I looked at my girl, knowing he was right. I had to eat or i would collapse sooner or later. "Please Jared, go and get something to eat. By the way i talked to mom, she'll be here soon, so you don't have to be scared to leave Paige here." Shannon comforted me. "Okay, I'll get something when mom is here..."