chapter 10

Vienna

Greta and i got out of the train, she wanted to visit her daughter Gabriela. She lived in Vienna for some years now. We walked through the big hall of the train station towards the big doors. A tall, brown haired woman came to us. I couldn't help, but she reminded me of Dirk. G"Mama!" "Hello Gabriela, this is Paige, she's from the USA." "Nice to meet you Paige, I'm Gabriela." "You too." Greta was so excited she cut us off. "Gabi, she found your father." "What?" "Yes, i met her in the train and we began to talk." "And you spoke over your whole live like always." Gabriela joked. "Not exactly. She told me about how she learned english and about Gregory." "Yes, and she said she could find him. She's from Florida you know." Greta added. "Really?" "Yes, and once i heard the name Nolan i knew who i could call." "He's the father of her boss." "oh, so he is married." "No, he was." I said. We decided to go to a small cafe. "His wife died some years ago. I talked to Dirk." "Dirk?" "Your Brother." "Wow! That's a lot right now." "I know. Gabriela, you have to take vacation." "Why?" "Dirk comes over here for a few days and then we'll fly to Miami, better to your dad to Pensacola." Gabriela began to cry, it was too much for her, but she was very happy.

I decided to stay some days in Vienna. One day i went to a hair stylist, i let my hair cut a bit, not too much, and made some black hair highlights. Greta, Gabriela and i had some amazing days, Gabriela made a sightseeing tour with us. We were in a italian restaurant when my phone buzzed, Dirk. "Hi Boss!" "Hi Paige, i just landed, where could we all meet?" "Uhm... right now we're at Mario's diner." "Okay stay there, i come." He hung up and i began to smile. "Paige?" Greta asked me confused. "Dirk is coming." "Now?" Gabriela asked in disbelieve. "Yes, he just landed." "Oh mom, i'm.so nervous!" "Me too!"

Half an hour went by until i saw Dirk entering the restaurant. "There he is!" I said to the girls. He came to our table, he was pretty nervous. "Hi boss." "Hi Paige. Hi i'm Dirk." He said, shaking the hands of Greta and Gabriela. "He looks just like you Gabriela!" Greta said crying. Dirk sat down and they talked a lot. He showed them some photos of Gregory and told him what his father said. "My mom died 6 years ago. Some weeks later he told me about you Greta. He said he never loved a woman again like he loves you. He loved my mom, but on another way. He showed me one photo of you and my dad. You two looked so happy together." Greta began to cry even more. "I told him that Paige met you." "What?" "Yes, he began to cry and wants to see you!" "Really? I don't know what to say! Thank you so much Paige!" Gabriela and Greta hugged me so tight.

Today Gabriela, Greta and Dirk would fly back to Miami. I went to Gabriela's home to say good bye. We all began to cry as they got in a taxi. I walked the streets down to the train station to get my next train to Italy. It was high speed train with only one stop in Rome. I was so exited, i wanted to see the Vatican. The hours went by pretty quick, maybe because i slept the most of the ride.

My train just arrived at the train station in Rome. I got out and walked to the exit. The first thing i saw when i was outside was a big poster.
THIS IS WAR
"Great! I'm in the same city than the man i won't forget." i said to myself. I walked the small streets down to the hotel i stayed in. I went to the reception and asked for my keys. "Oh you're here for the concert." "What concert?" "30 seconds to mars." I forgot that i wore a bracelet with the triad, the phoenix and a plactron on it. "Oh yes, i am. Do you know where i could get tickets?" "Uhm... I believe down the street, there'a touristic center, they sell them. Maybe you have luck." "Thank you!" She gave me the key of my room. I brought my bag to.my room and went immediately to the center.
"Hi, do you have still some tickets for the 30 seconds to mars concert?" "Of course! How much do you need?" "Just one." "Okay, i have one for the front row, it's the last ticket. And some for the upper rows." I thought about wich one i would take. "Well... I take the front row." Jared wouldn't see me though. I paid it and went back to my hotel room. After i called Nana i went in my bed.

*The next day*

I woke up pretty late, the receptionist called me. "Good morning Miss, i wanted to ask if you want to have breakfast." "Uhm... yes. I'll come down." I hurried to get ready and went down for an nice italian breakfast. The day went over pretty fast. I saw some of the old small churches.

It was time for the concert. I got ready, but when i wanted to left my phone rang. "Yes?" "Hi Paige!" "Hi Dirk!" "I just wanted to thank you! You did something so big for us!" "No problem Boss." "Greta and my dad met yesterday." "How was it?" "Fantastic! My dad and Greta were like lovebirds!" "Great! Hey Dirk i have to go! You have to tell me everything when i'm back." "I will! Thanks again Paige! Have fun! Bye." "Bye Dirk!" I hung up and went to the arena.

Because i had a frontrow ticket, a security guided me to the stage. I stood in front of the small stage, wich got from the big one into the crowd. The lights went down and the show began. Jared came out, his hair was blonde and short. The girls around me screamed their names. I enjoyed the feeling and to see Jared. He looked happy or he just acted like it. After a while Shannon came on the small stage and sat down in front of me. He looked around and stopped on me. "Hi Shannon." I mouthed and he smiled. Shannon began to play on his guitar. I loved L 490. The song was over, Shannon stood up, winked at me and went back.