chapter 38

*Jared's POV*

The date of my special surprise for Paige came closer. I planned this thing for months now and no-one knew it. I was on my way to the location to discuss the details. I pulled in the driveway and parked in front of the building. Once I got out of my car, i went to the huge wooden door and knocked on it. "Mr Leto, welcome. You're right in time." "Hello Mrs Howard. Luckily, i thought I would be too late. Too much traffic on my way here." "No problem." She smiled at me. "My husband is in his in the garden." "Oh actually i wanted to talk with you about the special details. I don't think your husband is made for romantic." I smirked and Mrs Howard began to laugh. "True, so come in please."

*Paige's POV*

I drove to Jared's house, but he wasn't there. He didn't told me that he had a meeting or something so i drove back home and decided to have a relaxed evening. On my way home i bought a pizza.

Throwing my shoes into the next corner i went to my sofa. I put the pizza down and my handbag away and started a movie on my tv. Because I needed something musically, i decided to watch Les Miserable. After a quick shower, i slipped in my pj amd cuddled up with my blanket.

I woke up as my phone began to light up. I took a look at clock on it, almost midnight. As I eventually realized that I had to answer the call i moved my finger. "Hello?" I yawned, almost sleeping. "Babe? I'm sorry that I've been not at home. I had a meeting, which i obviously had forgotten." "No problem hun. How was the meeting?" "Good, good." Jared hesitated. "Okay... What meeting did you have?" "Oh, it... It was about the tour, nothing bad." He thought about what he said. What was wrong with him? "Okay... How about a dinner date tomorrow?" "Sounds amazing! I gonna pick you up. Around 8?" "Yes, i finish work around 6 or 7, an hour is enough time for me." "Great, I'll choose the restaurant." "Yeah, but nothing expensive hun." "Don't worry babe. Hey i have to go. See ya tomorrow. I love you." "Later hun. I love you too."

The work was exhausting, but i managed to to be ready around 6pm. I quickly made my way home to get ready. Once I had a really quick shower i slipped in my new dress, wich i bought in my midday break. It was a dark blue, short and strapless dress with a black nelt around the waist. I did my makeup and hair and put some jewelry on. One last look at myself and the clock, still 10 minutes to go. I finished my outfit with the only black highheels i had and grabbed my handbag. Just as I stepped out to the dark, a black car stopped in front of me. "Good evening lady, do you need a ride?" I smiled at him and nodded. I sat down on the passenger seat and closed the door behind me. I kissed Jared before he started the engine again. We drove a few blocks down until Jared parked again. I stared at a huge old building, an old italian restaurant, like the one in the Disney movie. We got out amd omce he locked the car he guided me inside the restaurant. A small old man showed us our table. "This is an amazing place hun! I love it." "I knew you would."