chapter 64

A big discussion started of why i didn't called Jared and how i could hide it from him. Not even i got in trouble with him, also Constance had to deal with a mad Jared and a mad Shannon. I was a bit pissed off and went out to the yard. I totally understood that they were worried and mad, but it shouldn't have to escalate like that. They yelled at us, they freaked out. Once I was finally outside, i sat down on the lawn. The stars were already out, but you couldn't really see it because of the lights of LA. I inhaled the cold air. My nerves relaxed immediately. I closed my eyes and listened to the sound of the city. Suddenly someone sat down next to me and grabbed my hand, holding it tightly. I opened my eyes again and looked in the bright blue eyes of Jared. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled at you." "It's okay babe, i understand that. I would be mad too, if it has happened to you and you wouldn't tell me." I smiled. Jared said nothing else and hugged me tight. "I love you darling! Don't forget it!" "I love you too babe!"

*Jared's POV*

I was beyond mad, but as i saw Paige limbing out to the yard, the madness turned into guilty. I felt horrible, how could i yell at her after what happened to her and mom. She said she didn't wanted me to be worried or scared about her and mom. I followed her and sat down next to her.

I spent the night with dreaming about Paige and mom getting hurt by David. Whenever I fell asleep i had a picture of them in my head, covered with blood and deep wounds all over their body. I took care that Paige laid next to me and that I hold her close. I took a look at the clock on the nightstand, 5 am.  I got out of the bed and started to make breakfast.

Once I bought some buns and was back home, i set up the table. I just put the buns in a bowl as Paige came in the kitchen. "Good morning babe." She said, stretching her body and yawning. "Good morning." She looked at the table and smiled. "Breakfast?" "Yes!" "You didn't made pancakes did you?!" She said laughing. I rolled my eyes. Whenever she had the chance she mocked me with this pancake thing. "No, don't worry. Look around, the kitchen isn't burned down!" We began to laugh. I handed her a cup of coffee and she went out to the yard. "How's your leg?" I asked following her. "It still hurts, but it gets better."