chapter 62

I couldn't sleep... But luckily it was already 9 in the morning. Christyl's lifeless body followed me to every place. Although i couldn't walk like a normal person, i wanted to visit Christyl. After i had a coffee, i dressed up and called for a taxi.

I limbed the white hallways down towards the room Christyl would be in. I wanted to knock on the door, as i saw a nurse in the room. Once she saw me, she came out. "May need help Miss?" "No...Yes... I wanted to visit my friend." "Oh, I'm sorry, i can't let you go in." "Why?" "I'm just allowed to let the family in." "Oh... okay. Can you at least tell me how she is?" "All i can say is that she's okay after yesterday's happenings." She was actually nice but it changed soon. "Yeah, i know what happened." "You saw the news huh?" She said quite silly. "What?" I looked at her really puzzled by her tone. "It was all over the news. You're probably one of those dumb assholes of reporters and want an interview." "No! I...I..." I couldn't finish the sentence, she just cut me off. I had no time to explain everything... "Security?!" She yelled. Security? She wasn't sane! 2 huge men came to us. "Can we help?" "Yes, get her out!" "What?" I looked back and forth between the 3. "What's wrong with you? YOU told me about the news, then you must have seen me dumb bitch!" Yeah, i kinda freaked out. I spat at her and turned on my heel. "That's a disgusting behavior!" I yelled at her. I was about to storm off as Sergeant Erickson came down the hallway, smiling at me. "Paige! Nice to see you! How are y... Wait, what's wrong?" "Hi sergeant, nothing, just met probably the most disgusting nurse ever." I looked back at the bitch. "Why?" "I wanted to visit Christyl and she said she's just allowed to let family in, which i totally understand. But then she said I'm just one of those assholes of reporter. Oh excuse me, dumb asshole." I said with an attitude. "Don't worry Paige, I'll handle this." I nodded and let him pass me. I followed him slowly. "My dear, i appreciate that you try to keep the press away from that girl, but it's no reason to be abusive. How should Miss Clark know that Miss Amelli is in this very hospital?" "The news!" "Oh no, no-one said where the victims are." "She..." "No, please, don't say anything. She's one of the victims. I'm sorry Paige but... Miss do you see the scars all over her?" "Yes?" The nurse whispered. "She was there yesterday, together with Miss Amelli... She saved her life." The nurse looked down to her shoes, avoiding eye contact. "I'm sorry..." "I hope so nurse... Tanya." Sergeant Erickson said and took one of the crutches out of my hand. "C'mon Paige." I hooked my arm into his and he guided me to Christyl's room.

It was sad to see her like this. The doc's put her in a coma, so she couldn't feel the pain. David left so many wounds on her, that the pain would drive her nuts. I spent the time to tell her how mom and i were, that she doesn't had to be afraid of David anymore and the weather today.