chapter 9

I grabbed my suitcase and left the airport. "Miss Clark?" "Yes?" "I'm your chauffeur, please, can i help you?" He spoke pretty good english although he was french. I handed him my suitcase and we drove to the hotel.

"This room!! You have no idea! There's a huge whirlpool in the bathroom!" "Really? Damn! You lucky girl!" "And the view! I can see the Eifeltower!" I called Brianna i looked through my room. I took some photos and sent it to her.

*Jared's POV*

I called Paige again and again. I needed to know how she was. I thought a lot about her. "Jay, how is the name of her sister?" "Sister? You mean Brianna right?" "Yes!" "She's not Paige's sister." "Yeah right, sorry i forgot that." "Her name is Doctor Brianna Meyer." "Okay, thanks bro." "Why have you asked?" "Just... No reason." He never asked for names for no reason! I decided to follow him. I went the stairs down and heard him talking. "Brianna? Brianna Meyer?... Do you know Paige Clark?... Great!... Sorry, I'm Shannon Leto.... Yes, Jared's brother....Uhm... i wanted to ask how Paige is.... Oh, where is she?... Please tell me!... I promise i won't tell him!... Why i want to know? Because she's my friend!... Forget it! Bye!" Shannon threw his phone onto the sofa, it seemed like Brianna hadn't told him anything. "Why have you called her?" "Because of you idiot! Have you seen yourself in the last days? You look like shit! Tomorrow we go on tour again and you act like a broken man!" "I AM A BROKEN MAN!" I shouted at him. "Don't you understand? I hurted her so much that she ran away, ignores my calls and now she's gone and we don't even know where she is! Damn Shannon! I love that girl!" I stopped, did i just said i love her? "Is that the truth?" "Yes... No... Man i don't know! I miss her so much! i have so much pictures of her on the laptop, on my phone, i even have one in the lab, hanging on the wall in a frame!" "A little bit obssesed huh?" Shannon joked around. "Shit no! It's just..." "You love her!" "Shannon please..." "No, it's true! Damn look at you! You're nothing without her, but when she's around you, you smile, your eyes brighten up, you're a whole other person!" "Really?" "Yes! You have to talk with her!" "Really funny! We don't even know where she is and Brianna won't tell us!" "Maybe not Brianna, but i know someone who could know it." "Let me guess, Dirk Nolan." "Yes!" "When goes our flight?" "In an hour..."

*Paige's POV*

I just stayed over night at the hotel. After i visited the Louvre i went to the train station. I wanted to travel with a train over Germany to Italy. I rushed to the train, i was already a bit too late, luckily i got the train right in time. For a few hours i forgot Jared, but it turned when I relaxed. Once i put my headphones on i pushed 'shuffle all songs' on my phone and from yesterday started. Not the best thing, when you want to forget feelings for a man who sings that song. I thought about the wonderful night we had, although we were friends i loved it. I missed him so much, tears ran down my face. I took out the flight mode, wich was active for the past few days, and got immediately thousands of messages and calls. 97 messages from Brianna, Shannon and Jared. I looked through them, the most said "i miss you.", "please call me Paige.","i'm so sorry!" or "the boys called, please call back". But one of Jared's messages broke my heart.
"Hi Paige
I know i hurt you and may i deserve this, but i miss you so much. I wanted to apoligize from face to face, but I don't know where you are right now and you turned your phone off...
Please forgive me, i never meant to force you to something you didn't want.
I love you
Jared"
He wrote i love you, how does he meant it? Could it be true? Jared Leto loved me?

I watched the country, runing along my window. Our first stop in Germany would be Saarbrücken. My very first vist in a german city.

*A few days later*

Now i was in Munich, my last german city. In a few minutes would my train to Vienna go. I sat already on my seat and listened to some music. An old Lady sat down besides me. "Hallo." In the last days i learned some german, so i began to talk with her. Well, at least i tried, until she noticed that i was from the States. "Oh you are from the USA." "Yes." "What are you doing here?" "I travel through Europe." "Oh that's nice." "Where do learned english? I don't want to hurt you, but i saw in the last few days that older people speak not that well." "That's True. Well, I'm 71 years old, so i lived when the 2nd world war destroyed Europe. 1968 i met a young american soldier, he teached me english and i teached him german." "So cute. What happened then?" "Well, we fell in love, but it broke when he had to go back. I never saw him again." "What a shame." "It truely is, he never met his daughter." "You have a child with him?" "Yes, She's 42 years old now. Her name is Gabriela." "Hey, i have a lot of friends back home, i could call them to find him." "No, i don't think he's still alive." "Why not? I mean you live too." "Yes. Oh it would be so nice to see him again. After all this years i never met other men nor i married." "You still love him huh?" "Yes." "Let me make some calls, i can find him." "You're fantastic Paige." "Don't make me get blush Greta." I felt like i needed to find that man. "What's his name?" "Gregory Nolan, to that time he was a Sergeant. He was from Florida." "Wait what? My boss's name is Nolan, Dirk Nolan and he's born in Florida. I'll call him." I dialed Dirk's number. "Mr Nolan? Hi it's me Paige. I have a question..." "Hi Paige, okay ask." "I met a very nice lady, she had a boyfriend back in the late 60s. His name is Gregory Nolan." "It could be my father. Where have you met her?" "In Germany, just an hour ago." "No way, is her name Greta?" "Yes!" "I don't believe it! My father told me, after my mother died, that he had a girlfriend in Germany, Greta, he wanted to marry her." "Wow! Fantastic." I smiled over my whole face. "What did he say Paige?" "Greta, Gregory is the father of my boss!" "Really?" "Yes!" "Paige, please give her to me." Dirk said and i handed Greta the phone. They talked a while. "Good bye Dirk!" Greta said and hung up. "What did he say?" "He comes over to Germany, he wants to meet me. And then he'll take me to Florida, me and Gabriela." "Wonderful!" "I'm so glad i met you!"