chapter 27

*Nana's POV*

"I hate the night shift." I joked about this boring night with my assistant Connor. But Soon enough everything changed. Suddenly I was called to the emergency room. 3 ambulances came at the same time. "We have 3 drunken girls, totally wasted." The paramedics said "Okay, bring them in these rooms." I pointed behind me, looking over the papers he handed me and walked to them. "So We have Hanna right here, Naomi here and P..." I stopped reading as i saw Paige's name. "Brianna?" Connor asked me. "Yes..." "Are you okay?" "Yes." I tried to keep professional and to help those girls. Once again I had Paige at the hospital, right in front of me. While My colleagues checked on Naomi and Hanna i checked on Paige. "Isn't this your sister?" My colleague Stefano asked me, standing between Hanna and Paige. "Yes..." I simply said.

The critical hours went over quickly, we managed to get the alcohol out of them and now They slept. "Bring them in one room." I said checking the results of their tests. "And? Anything wrong?" "No, besides the alcohol in their blood." I answered Connor. "No drugs, no raping." "That's good." He smiled at me. "Go get yourself a coffee Brianna." "Later."

The rest of the night was good, as far as I could say. Hanna and Naomi woke up lile an hour ago and Had their first bit of breakfast, a bun and water. I checked on Paige as she woke up. "Nana?" "Paige! Good Lord!" "Why am I here?" She asked, holding her head. "You drunk too much." She looked like she thought about last night. "Oh yes, Hanna, Naomi and I were out, celebrating that we got fired." "You what?" I was shocked. "Yes, not enough money to pay us." She said as i handed her some painkillers. "Oh no, I'm sorry!" "It's okay. I gonna find something new."

*Jared's POV*

I called Paige like thousand times, i had the urgent need to hear her voice. But Every time I called i heard only her mailbox. Fears crawled in my head, what if she got hurt? After a night without sleep i tried to call her one more time. "Hello?" A unfamiliar voice answered. "Hello... Who's there?" "Hanna, a friend of Paige. Who are you?" "Her boyfriend." "Oh, I'm sorry Paige is away with her sister, but I'll tell her that you called. She should be back in a few." "Oh okay thanks. Bye." "Bye." Hanging up i wondered who this girl was.

An hour later Paige called me. "Babe! What happened? Who was this girl?" "Hello to you too baby. I think Hanna, my co-worker." "Why answered she the call?" "Well, i was away with Nana, examination." "What? Why?" "Uhm... We got drunk yesterday... pretty much drunk..." "You were on a party?" "Not really...." "Paige please..." "We were fired yesterday. The agency has not enough money to pay all of, so Some had to leave. Well i was one of them." "Holy shit! I'm sorry babe!" "Nah, it's okay. I'll find something else." "What are you doing now?" "Well, first i thought about to look for anything, but Greta said something that won't leave my mind." "That's what?" "Wedding planner... She said i did a great job. Maybe someone's looking for an assistant." "Sounds great!" "Yeah, i'm not sure about that. I gonna see what i find." She sounded sad, very sad. She loved her work. Because of it we met. Because of it i fell in love with her. "Don't be sad babe. Hey i wanted to ask you something." "Yes?" "Why don't you come over to LA when we come back?" "Damn, Jay! It's your free time!" "Yeah And I want to spend it with you." "That's so Cute. Okay i come over, but Not for too long." I heard her chuckling. "We'll see then." I giggled and smiled all over my face. "Okay bane, i jave to hang up, Shannon wants something from me." Shannon stood in front of me, throwing his arms around and cleaning his throat. "Beat him up if you have to." Paige laughed. "I will. I love you babe!" "I love you too baby! See you soon." "I'm looking forward. Bye Paige." "Bye Jay." She sounded much more sad.