chapter 56

Just a few days later David's picture was shown on t.v. and the newspaper. Nana, mom and I sat at the table for breakfast as my phone rang. "Hello?" "It's Sergeant Erickson." "Oh, can I help you?" "Not really, i just wanted to inform you that we still didn't found Mr Lubbe. It seems like he's hiding somewhere. I just want you to take care." "Alright Sergeant, I will." "Good, I'll call you if i have any informations or questions. Goodbye." He hung up. Great, They still haven't found him... Nana's and mom's eyes were glued on me. "Did he found him?" Mom was so worried... "No, he's hiding somewhere." I answered simply and continued the breakfast. What should I do else? I couldn't run around and look for David.

In the afternoon we made lunch, a big meal. While mom cut the vegetables in pieces and Nana took care of the BBQ, i prepared the cut vegetables and some chicken. Mom and I told jokes, but soon we stopped because the doorbell rang. "I go..." I saod kinda annoyed. Since the press got informations about the incident and that Jared was kinda involved, they attacked us with their visits and questions. I expected another reporter at the door, but it was David's fiancee Christyl. "What are YOU doing here?" I was a bit pissed off. "I want to know what you and David have... I know what happened to you and now the police is searching for him! I knew you 2 know each other. Please Paige, let me in and tell me what happened." She wasn't mad at me?! I mean i was the reason why David disappeared. "O-Okay..."

Whilst the lunch i spoke with Christyl about the relationship with David and how it ended. "He what?! You are kidding!" She was shocked. "No, he swore me that I'll pay for calling the police and that's what I told the police now." "I can't believe that he's so coldblooded..." She began to cry bitterly. Maybe she doesn't knew what he was capable of... "I'm so sorry Paige... I didn't knew all that..." "Stop crying Christyl, you couldn't knew it... No-one did. No-one ever thought he would do anything."