chapter 49

*Jared's POV*

Still on our way back home, i couldn't shake off the strange feeling that something was wrong with Paige. Shannon and i sat on the back seats and watched the city rushing by. We drove the streets up and down and arrived at the house, but the taxi driver stopped on the street, instead of pulling in the driveway. "Something wrong?" Shannon asked him, leaning over the front seats. "There's something laying in the way." I hesitated, but opened the door to see what it was. It was still dark outside since it was just 4am. I couldn't figure out what laid on the ground. Shannon hopped out of the taxi and went to the 'thing'.

*Paige's POV*

Would this be my end? Since that person let go of me i laid on something cold... Or was it me that felt cold? It seemed like i swam in this area, wherever I was. I felt kinda free, but yet so trapped. There was something missing...
The longer i laid in this darkness, the more I thought about Jared. He would help me right now, he would show me the right way. I stared into the darkness around me, seeing a tiny little light coming from nowhere towards me. Should I go over? What if it was a bad sign? Could i come back here? I decided to turn my back in its direction, but the light followed me. I was scared... Was it coming for me?

*Shannon's POV*

Once i left the taxi, i went over to the spot where that thing laid. I wanted to pull it away, but i couldn't... I stood there... Shocked... "Call the ambulance!!" I screamed. I knelt down next to my little gnome. "Come on girl, wake up!!" I looked over to Jared, who now stood outside of the taxi. "Shannon? What's wrong!?" He yelled. "Nothing! Go back!! I don't want you to see this!" Tears ran down my cheeks for the very first time. "JARED!!! GO BACK!!" I screamed again. I didn't wanted my little brother to see her like this. I turned my attention back to my gnome. "Come on. Open your eyes! I know you can!" I checked her pulse and her breathing. She was still breathing!! "Holy shit! Wake the fuck up Paige!" Soon the ambulance arrived, pushed me away and the medics began with their work.

*Jared's POV*

Everything went by in slow motion... The medics checked her breathing and ripped off her shirt. "How could they do that!!??" I yelled. My fiance was laying half naked on the street!! For the very first time I had to cry because of her... "Jay, calm down... They'll help her!" "I told you!! I told you that something happened to her!!" I couldn't take my eyes away from her, from her lifeless body, from the almost dead person. The medics put her on a stretcher and brought her away.