chapter 72

The past week went great for Gabi, she managed to be a member of our little agency clique. Besides Gabi we had another trainee, Scott. An absolute asshole. He was mean and offensive to the children, who were here with their parents. He couldn't even make coffee! Thank God, our coffee wasn't delicious though. I knew that Gabi would definitely get the job. No one wants such an idiot as coworker.

Since our oldest employee retired 2 days ago, Miss Valentine decided to have me as the head of the office. And soon the time has come that I had to decided who I think should get the job, which wasn't even a tough decision. So after end of work miss Valentine called me in her office. "So Paigy, what do you think?" "First of all, it's not because I know Gabriela, but I think she's the better choice. Scott is... Excuse me.. An dumb asshole. He can't handle kids, he can't handle the coworkers and he can't make coffee. He lost several important documents of a lot clients. I had to do everything again. We all had to do double work because of him." She nodded again and again. "Good, I had the same impression. I also talked to some of the employees and they all told me the same. Gabi is the better choice." "So she gets the job?" "Yes." I freaked out inside of me. "Fantastic! I'll call Scott and cancel everything." "Good, but then you're going home Paigy." I nodded, smiling widely.

The next day i picked up Gabi and we headed to the agency. I haven't talked about the job. I wanted to surprise her. After a short ride, we arrived at the agency. We made our way upstairs and entered the office. It didn't take long until she realized that Scott didn't appeared. "Hi P, where's Scott?" "Oh yeah... We fired him." I said shortly, trying not to laugh. "Oh okay." She continued her job and soon she was called in Miss Valentine's office. While they were talking, I got a few champagne glasses and champagne. I gathered all coworkers at the front desk. Soon Gabi and Miss Valentine came out, Gabi smiled like a little kid at Christmas eve. "Congratulations!!" We yelled, some of the employees threw confetti in the air. "You're insane guys!" She laughed and cried at the same time. I hugged Gabi, while the others poured champagne into the glasses.