chapter 42

"Hi Paige, got some news." "Nana? What news?" Nana called me while Jared told Shannon about the date and the rest of the day, except for the dirty part."Shannon sent me a message that you are engaged." "Oh that's what you mean. Yes, Jared asked me yesterday." I proudly said. "And you don't tell me?!" She suddenly yelled. I held the phone away from my ear. "I'm sorry Nana, but we're actually just back home." "Ah screw you! Tell me everything!"

Laying in the bed with my future husband was the best at the end of a day. Jared stroked over my warm, wich laid on his stomach. I knew he would fall asleep soon. "Oh babe, get some sleep." I chuckled. I could feel that he tried his best to stay awake. "No i want to enjoy this moment." "This isn't the last time we lay here together." "I know, but this is special. It's our first night as an engaged couple in our bed." I had to smile and didn't said anything. He was right, our very first night, engaged in our bed.

*A few weeks later*

It almost became normal to be engaged, only almost. It couldn't become normal when your man's name is Jared Leto.

It was just another day at the office, at least i thought so. Today i would get new 'customers'. All i knew was that they were 28 and 30 years old and that their names were Christyl and David. I sat at my desk and took a sip from my Frappe as Katie came to me. She was the office's assistant. "Paige, Christyl and David arrived." I nodded and went to the front desk. "And where are they?" I said turning around to Katie. "Conference room 3." Sometimes she was in another world with her thoughts. I made my way to the room and sat down, greeting them but nit looking at them. "So Christyl and David." I said smiling and opening my notebook. But as I looked up at them i couldn't get any word out of my mouth. "Wow! You're Jared Leto's girlfriend!" Christyl almost screamed. "Oh uuuhm... yeah... How do you know?" "I'm an Echelon. I saw a lot of pix of you 2!" "Oh okay..." I smiled weakly and stared still at the man. "Excuse me for a minute." I said and rushed out of the room. Catching some air i tried not to break down and cry my eyes out. I went the floor down a bit and leaned against the cold wall. I burst out in tears, hyperventilating. It felt like something cut my neck and i was about to drown in my own blood. Panic built up inside me. I startled as someone touched my shoulder, it was Katie. She handed me a bottle of water and i took a sip. How could he move to LA? What was he doing here!?