chapter 44

*Jared's POV*

Since a few weeks Paige was kinda strange. She went to work with her usual dark makeup, but came back without any makeup. Almost every evening her eyes were red, like she cried a lot. She was more than exhausted, which she actually never was. Her mood changed within minutes. Something was wrong, very wrong. Why the hell couldn't she talk to me?

Another day in the lab, i had some new ideas for some songs, so i was down in the lab when we didn't had to do interviews or shows. I heard footsteps on the floor above me, while i tried some melodies on the piano. I went upstairs to see who it was and saw Paige, again without makeup and red shot eyes. I needed to know what was going on. "Hi baby... How was your day?" I carefully asked. "It was okay." She said, walking to our bedroom. She doesn't even looked at me. "Paige... darling...What's wrong?" It seemed like she startled. "What should be wrong babe?" "I don't know, that's why I'm asking. You leave the house with makeup and come back without it. Every now and then you have red eyes, like you cried. Baby, please tell me about it, whatever it is!" I followed her, but as soon as I finished my sentence she stopped. "Baby, you're my girl... My wife... Your problem is my problem." I whispered, touching her shoulders. I didn't saw her face, but i knew and felt that she was crying. "Please..." She turned around and faced me, wrapping her arms around my body and burying her head in my chest. "Babe... He's back..." I felt the tears on my shirt. "Who do you mean?" "David!"

After Paige told me everything, she cried herself to sleep. It was already 3 in the morning and I couldn't even think of sleep! Why was he in LA? I didn't even wanted to know how Paige felt the past days. Rage and hatred for him build up inside of me...again. All i wanted was to help my fiancee, to help her to feel better and free. Why the hell were her ghosts hunting her?! I wanted to lift this weight of her past off of her shoulders. My girl lived in fear... I never wanted it to be like this!