chapter 58

*A few weeks later*

The past few weeks were so easy and without any problems. Maybe a bad sign... Christyl came around a few times and we became something like friends. Today was one of these days. Christyl, mom and i wanted to go to the mall to get other thoughts. While mom and i had breakfast, i got a call from Jared. "Good morning babe." I answered the phone. "Hi baby, how are you?" "Oh I'm fine thanks. How's the tour life?" "Like always, exhausting but funny." He giggled. "Anything happened?" His voice sounded serious. "No, stop asking every day!" "Paige I'm worried and scared that he could hurt you once more." "I don't think so. He knows that the cops have an eye on us, they take care of mom and me. Don't worry. You have to focus on the tour." "Paige..." His soft, yet worried voice echoed through the phone. "No! You should focus on the shows, do it for your fans." I smiled, knowing he wouldn't see it. "Are you smiling again?" I heard him giggling. "How do you know that?" "I know you long enough and you do it so often."

After I hung up on Jared, mom and i drove to the mall to meet Christyl. We started the shopping day with coffee in a coffee shop. The first store we went to was a lingerie store. We got through all the underwear laughing so hard. We hold bras up, which wouldn't even fit a child. "Who the hell buys that? A mouse?" Such tiny things were there. We didn't bought anything there and made our way to the next store.

After 6 or 7 stores we decided to go to a music store. On our way to it, i kinda felt like spied. I felt like someone was following us. I turned around several times to see if there was someone, but i couldn't make anyone out because there were do much people. "Everything alright?" Christyl asked. "I don't know." "What do you mean?" "I have the feeling of being followed.""Nah, who should follow us?" "David?" Her eyes scanned the way behind us, shaking her head. "There's no-one following." I shrugged it off and we entered the store.

It was afternoon and we decided to have lunch, so we went to the last floor, where a small sushi bar was. We ordered our food and once we had it we sat down at a small table. We ate, laughed and talked. A strange guy sat down at our table, where just 3 people could sit, with his cap deep in his face. He interrupted our actually funny conversation. "Uhm Mister? This table is occupied." I said still laughing. "Yeah, it's quite hard to find space to eat." Christyl added. "Girls, behave." Mom said politely, like the way she always is. We nodded still laughing. "Right girls, listen to her. She's the wise one." This voice... We were screwed up...