chapter 17

Every now and then I woke up, but it was dark every time. Greta and Gregory, Dirk and Gabi visited me, at least i thought so, i heard their voices. I was awake for some hours, still hoping Jared would come. I don't knew how long i was in this conditions, but It felt very long. Last time I woke up i saw something bright, lights or a white wall. I heard the docs came in, talking about me. "Her values are still good. Actually she had to wake up." I really want! Oh i would give so Much just to hear Jared's voice. "C'mon girl, open those damn eyes!" I screamed at myself. Suddenly I heard a female voice, a familiar voice. Nana?!

After a long sleep, i slowly woke up. "She'll be fine, believe me." "What does she have?" "A sort of malaria. She must have get it from someone on her trip or from the work, we still check her colleagues." The man began to cry, i felt the teardrops on my hand. "Get me out of this godforsaken situation!" I screamed, trying to make fists. "Nana, I... I believe her hand moved!" "Really?" "Yes!" What? He felt my moves? Let's try it again. This time i tried to speak and the first thing I had on my mind were Nana and Jared. "Na...Ja..." It came out!! Not like I wished It would, but Now They knew i was still there. "Babe! Come, look at me!" Jared?! Jared was there! My eyes shot open, seeing the 2 persons i loved. On my mind, I danced like crazy. "Jared... Nana..." "Sssh, take care, don't move. I'll get your doc." Nana said and left the room. "Don't do this again! You scared the life out of me. I love you so much Paige." "I... I love you too Ja...Jared." I still stuttered.

*A few days later*

I wasn't back home, actually i was at Gregory's house. Greta said she has to take care of me. I still crept and almost every day i had to be at the hospital for checkups. After i woke up Nana told me that i was out for 3 months, quite unnatural for malaria, like she said. Jared came to visit me, although he had to fly back at the next day. Nana didn't wanted him to risk the tour. Because I couldn't talk to my boys, they take pictures and made a photo album for me, with photos from every city they were, every show and a lot of themselves. I cried as Nana gave it to me. Jared took even photos from Greta, Gabi, Dirk and his family, Nana and Gregory. I never got a better gift, it meant a lot to me.

*Jared's POV*

Almost a week ago Paige were allowed to leave the hospital. The next day i had to go back on the tour again, although I rather liked to stay with her a few days. The day Paige woke up again, i called Shannon and Tomo to tell them the good news.

Still a month to go before i could see Paige again. It was one of the long parts of the tour. "Isn't it time for your daily call?" Shannon snapped me back to reality, once i sank in my thought, staring at the photos of Paige. We were already at the arena for the next show, this time in Russia. "Yeah, thanks." "You miss her huh?" "Yes, especially after that Awful time." "You'll see her again soon, it's just a month." "Just a month..." "Hey, call her. I bet you feel better after it." I nodded, dialed her number and waited for her to answer. "Jay?" "Yes, hi babe. How are you?" "A lot better and you?" "Well, to be honest... i miss you." "I miss you too handsome." "What have you done today?" "I was with Greta in the backyard and saw a bunch of tiny grasshoppers." "Aw, that's cute." "What's wrong Jared?" "I don't know, i feel bad for leaving you in this conditions." "Don't worry, i feel a lot better and i put one of the photos of you in a frame, it's on my nightstand. Then i can say good night to you." I had to smile, she was so cute. "Same here, i have tons of pix of you with me." Suddenly Tomo came to me. "Jay, it's time." I nodded. "Baby, i have to go." "Okay, have fun and don't feel bad. I love you Jared." "I love you too Paige. Bye." I hung up and made my way to the stage.