Learning

I looked at her with my ghoul eye. "I'm a ghoul you know. I could hurt you." I said making her just sigh and continued to smile. "Ghoul or not, your still a child. And a child needs a mother. Where's yours?" She asked. I stared to cry again and hid my face. "..gone..." I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked back at her. "If your all alone, you can live with me and my son. We'll take you in. Even if your a ghoul. " She smiled. I cried and ran to her hugging her waist. She smiled and grabbed my hand when I let go. "Come on. What's your name." She asked. "(F/n).." I said wiping my eyes and turning them back to normal. "That's a pretty name." She hummed. A small smile appeared on my face. We made it to her apartment and she unlocked the door.

"Ken! I'm home!" She said letting me in. A kid ran out of a room in the hallway smiling and then saw me. "Mom!--...... (F/n)?" He said tilting his head. "You two already know each other? " She asked. "Mhm! I met her earlier today at school. " The black haired boy said. "Kaneki?" I muttered. "You remembered my name. I thought you forgot for a second there."He laughed. His mom kissed him on the head and explained that she needed to go to another job and why I'm here. Kaneki nodded and walked up to me showing me to the couch. "Bye mom!" Kaneki waved. "Good bye Ken! Please take care of her!" She waved back and left. Kaneki's smile faded. "What is it?" I asked. "..She leaves alot.. Anyways! So your going to be living with us from now on! I didn't know you were an orphan. Mom told me she got you from the orphanage down the street. " He smiled. "She didn't tell him I was a ghoul or lived alone..good" I thought .

"Yeah! She was very kind to pick me than the others." I lied. "Yeah.." Kaneki got up and went into a room and picked a book. "What's this?" I asked following him. "It's my dad's old study. He died before I got to get to know him." He said handing me a book. "What?...I can't read......." I admitted sadly. "It's okay! I don't know fully ether. But I know all the words in this book. I can read it to you if you want." He said. "R...rain..." I struggled to get the words right." Damn it...I hate this...." I thought to myself. "Rainbow Night. It's a book of poems. "

Kaneki explained walking back to the couch and opening it to the first page. A notepad and pen was laying in the book and kaneki took it out and handed it to me. "I can help you learn to read. " He said. I smiled and nodded. "Okay what do I do?" I asked. " Just Wright the words down and take notes! That's how my mom taught me. " He said . I nodded and grabbed the pen. Kaneki began to read slow and I started to write down the words I had most trouble with.

"Wow (F/n)..we finished the first poem and you filled the paper already.." He said looking it over. "My hand hurts..." I complained silently. " Kaneki laughed a little and looked at me. "I'm glad your here. I won't be so lonely anymore." He smiled. "...yeah....." "He's just...like me......"