Waking up

I woke up in a white room with an IV in my arm. I sat up and had an awful headache. I rubbed my temples and saw I was all alone. "Where am I?....The Hospital?" I asked myself. I winced at the pain in my head and continued to rub my temples. I looked at my surroundings and noticed a cup of water near me. I leaned over and grabbed it off the table. "Why..am I all alone? What time is it?...what happened to the hole in my chest?" I continued to ask myself these questions. I still had a bandage over the right side of my face, but I noticed it's a new one. "Who changed it?..." I took tiny sips of the water and tried to relax. To my surprise, I noticed the pillow I had was big and fluffed, unlike the usual Hospital pillows that flatten when you lay your head down. I placed my arms at my side and felt something soft and fuzzy. I looked down and saw a stuffed polar bear and a black sheep. I smiled and picked them both up. "There cute." I read their tags and found their names. "Kuro...and Shiro? Black and White." I smiled at their names and loved how soft the plush was.

I laid them back down at my sides and looked up at the ceiling. I heard the door open and shifted my eyes to see who came in. I sat up and was surprised. Sasaki stood at the doorway more shocked than I was. He had some blankets and more pillows in his arms before he dropped them all in the floor and rushed to give me a hug. He did it lightly knowing that I might still be in pain. "Haise...what happened?" I said hugging him back. Sasaki let go and sat in the chair next to me. "After Amira stabbed you, Shirazu and I rushed you to the Hospital. Two doctors recognized you. They said everything will be free as a thanks for not killing them the last time you met. " Sasaki explained. "They let your registration take care of your wound before removing your Kagune." I was confused. "Remove? But, no ghoul can survive that, I thought."

Sasaki smiled. "They didn't do it that way." He winked. "You..ate my Kagune? But it's poisonous! " I said getting worried. "It's okay, I didn't digest any of it. " he chuckled. I sighed and relaxed. "So no more Kagune for me..." I said. "You know..I'm glad. The other three caused me hell!" I joked. I sipped my water again and rubbed my temples. "Argh...this headache is killing me.." Sasaki grabbed a bottle of pills on the table and handed me two pills. I swallowed them and drank the water. "How long have we been here?" I asked. "Well, you were in a comma for a week. " He said. I almost choked on the pills. "I was in a comma???" I said surprised. Sasaki nodded. I just put my water back down and picked up the little stuffed animals. "Do you like them?" He asked. "Yeah! There cute!" I said hugging them. "Aww...even cuter than me?" Sasaki gave me puppy dog eyes as he joked. I leaned over and kissed his nose. "Your still my Kawaii Banana." I giggled. Sasaki didn't know if he should be proud or offended so he just laughed.

The room door opened once again and a teenager and a woman with blue hair walked in with flowers. "Touka-chan, and Hinami-chan?!" Hinami smiled and nodded. "You grew so beautifully, Hinami." I smiled back at her. "Thank you." She nodded back. "Touka, you've gotten taller." I said. "Oh..that's all I get?" She joked. I shrugged my shoulders and laughed. They placed the flowers on the counter and stayed for a bit before having to leave again. I waved goodbye to the both of them. It was quiet between the two of us for a few seconds, but then was shattered by the soind of thunder. I shrieked a bit from being a tiny bit scared of thunder. Sasaki sighed and crawled onto the end of the bed and slipped his way right next to me. I buried my face in his chest and held him tightly. "Listen to my heart beat. It beats just for you." Haise said hugging me and tried to let me know he won't let anything bad happen to me. I smiled and tapped my fingers on his back in time with his heart. It was nice and slow, so it calmed me down quickly. Sasaki kissed my head and continued to hold me all night long.