Hospital

Kaneki checked my pulse to see if I was alive still. He let out a sigh of relief when he found it. "(F/n), can you hear me?" He asked trying to sound calm even though he was terrified. "I-.....It.....hur-....ts...It...hurts..make it...s-stop....." I muttered weakly. Blood dripped from my head. "They're.....eating me..from the inside..." Kaneki picked me up in his arms bridal style. "Ken." A voice said from behind us. "Yomo? What are you doing here?" Kaneki asked turning around. "Bring her this way." Yomo said. Kaneki followed Yomo in the tunnel that lead even further under ground. "Anteiku is ubove us." Kaneki said remembering this place. "Yes, but we're taking her to the hospital." Yomo said. "What? The moment they find out she's a ghoul, they're going to call the CCG." Kaneki said. "No, a few of the doctors there are ghouls. They're waiting for us now." He replied. "What do you mean?" Kaneki asked. "Yoshimura thinks this is for the best... she's going to have her Kagunes removed permanently."

Kaneki became quiet. "No...you can't...." I said opening my eyes. "It's for the best." Yomo didn't even bother to look back. "How..do you know what's best?" I muttered. Yomo stopped and turned around. He came up to the both of us and placed his hand over my eyes. "You need to rest..." when he removed his hand, my eyes were closed and I was silent. He turned back around and continued walking. After about 12 min. Yomo said we were here. He climbed up a later with me on his back. After Kaneki climbed up, he held me once again in his arms. "Please place her on the table. And you and your friend can sit behind the glass." One of the doctors said. Kaneki hesitated before laying me down. I seemed to clench to his shirt. "Don't do this..." I muttered waking up very slowly. "I'm sorry. I'll stay near." He kissed my head and walked out of the room to where the viewing area was. Kaneki sat in one of the chairs and Yomo just stood by. They did the usual, they checked my heart beat and put on the oxygen mask. They had tape placed all over my back where they were going to cut. "They do know, no ghoul can survive getting there Kagune ripped out of them, right? If it was just eaten by another ghoul, they could survive they would just never be able to use it again if they couldn't regenerate. " One doctor said.

I listened carefully to them. "Who cares..I heard this one was a kakuja. " the other said. "Are you serious? Then I guess it is best to get rid of her. If she's a kakuja then she'll come after us." Another one added. "They're going..to kill me?!" I thought. "Yeah..maybe we should just kill her right now and say she was already dead from blood loss." The other doctors agreed. I could feel them place the scalpel at my throat. I opened my eyes quickly and threw the oxygen mask and tried to get off the table. They grabbed my arms and tried to pull me down. I tried to get off the other way but they pinned me to the bed. "What's going on?" Kaneki asked. They used the straps and stuck a needle in my arm. "No! Kaneki!!!" I screamed for him. Kaneki quickly rushed out of his seat and into the room. The doctors stopped and stared at him. He removed the straps and I clung to him. "What's going on? " Kaneki asked. "They...were planning on killing me instead. "I whispered to him. Kaneki looked at me in confusion. "I heard them talking about it ..they were going to slit my throat. Blame it on blood loss." Kaneki narrowed his eyes to them. "We trusted you. She's not the only one you have to fear." Kaneki turned away and walked out. "Also...even if they didn't try to kill me first, they said no ghoul could survive that type of operation. " Kaneki stopped walking and turned to Yomo. "Is that true?" He asked. Yomo stared at Kaneki. "Yes.." He answered. "So you were also planning on killing her.." Kaneki said. Yomo didn't answer. Kaneki turned back around and left with me in his arms. We made it home and Kaneki started the bath water. He cleaned my skin and his. "I'm sorry...for making you worry so much..." I said. Kaneki kissed my cheek. "Don't be. I should be sorry, everyone wants to kill you..it's because they fear." Kaneki said. "Are...you afraid of me?" I asked. "No. I would never fear you. " Kaneki replied. "I love you " He added. "I love you , too." Kaneki gave me new clothes to sleep in. He laid down beside me and wrapped him arms around my waist and nuzzled against the back of my neck. "Good night"