Anteiku

~Kaneki's Pov ~
"What?! She's going to a college in America?! She didn't even saw goodbye..." Hide said sadly. Kaneki quickly had to make an excuse for why I was no longer with him and that's he could think of. "Yeah..I'm sorry Hide. She had to leave fast or she would have missed her flight. " Kaneki hung his head low remembering the way I looked at him and how I ran away. "I well...hey, do you want to go to Anteiku? I kinda want coffee!" He said smiling again. "Uh...yeah..sure. " Kaneki grabbed his jacket and left with Hide.

~(F/N)'S pov~
"H-hey! Hold on! I can't fight if you keep trying to hit my face!!" I yelled dogging Yomo's hits. He knocked me down quickly and stood above me. "Never ask the enemy to "Hold on " they will not stop until they see you dead." He said. "..The enemy..or you? Damn..I think you broke my ribcage...." I huffed. "Get up, Yoshimura wanted to see you after training. " He said helping me up. "Y-yeah...okay..." I grabbed my jacket and went upstairs to get changed in my work uniform. "Yes sir?" I knocked on his door. " Come in. I want to talk to you about something. " I closed the door behind me and noticed the coffee pot on the counter. He poured us both a cup and sat down. "As most of us at Anteiku, we've already found out the your half human. Is that right? " He asked. "Yes sir." I replied. "Will you tell me what happened to how you became this way?" I put up coffee cup down on the table.

"I was nine. My family and I went out on a trip together to the lake, I wondered off..it took my family awhile before they found me, But it was already to late. I was hurt badly by a ghoul that just so happened to be in the woods near the lake that day. My father was a CCG Ghoul investigator so he killed him easily. There was a hospital near there so I was rushed to it. They gave me a blood transfusion..Unknowing to my family that it was Ghouls blood, they aloud it. Apparently, they went and took the organs from that ghouls body, and implant them inside me, but only the small intestine and liver was enough to change me." I said remembering those memories. "Then..I couldn't control my hunger...and killed my mother and father. " I started to hold my head crying. "Mom..dad....I'm sorry..I was just so hungry..!" I broke out in tears drenching my face. Yoshimura put his hand on my shoulder. It's alright, you didn't have any help so that was the only way to satisfy your hunger." He reassured me. "But this hunger...I-it makes me a monster!" Yoshimura sighed and sat back down across from me. "Did you already eat that package I gave you?" He asked. "About half of it."

"That's good. Normally a ghoul would have swallowed it in seconds if they were desperate enough. " Hearing that did make me feel a bit better. I lifted my head and smiled. "Well I guess that's good. " He smiled back at me. "You know how to make coffee right?" "yes sir. I'm pretty good at it if I say myself!" I laughed. He nodded. "If you don't mind, Touka-chan isn't feeling well today. Do you mind taking her place?" He said putting up the coffee. "If don't mind but what if Kaneki-.." "Koma will take care of it if he comes in. You just need to sneak your way back upstairs." He explained. " Thank you, sir." I bowed and left. I grabbed my apron and went out to the café. Only three customers were here so far. "(F/n)!glad you came to help!" Koma smiled and waved at me. "Yeah, I'm filling in for Touka-chan today." I said grabbing my note pad. "Yeah, but you do know that-" I was cut off. "If that friend of yours walk in, I'll take over and you go hide." He smiled and gave me a thumbs up. "Thanks." I went to one of our customers an took his order. "Amazing job at making coffee (F/n)! This is great!" Koma laughed drinking the cup I made for myself. "Hey! Koma! I was going to drink that..." I pouted.

~Kaneki's Pov ~
Well might as well go in!" Hide smiled and opened the door to the café. His and kaneki's sent crossed my nose and I quickly ducked behind the counter. "Hm? Oh tat must be him.." Koma whispered. "Yeah.. go distract them while I leave." I whispered back. He went over to them and I headed for the staff only door. Kaneki glanced around Koma when he heard the door open and caught a glimpse of my (h/c) hair. "Was that?......no she's gone.." Kaneki muttered to himself.

~(F/n)'s pov~
I sat on the stairs thinkingabout kaneki. "He's so sad....why did he have to see?" Tears formed. "Is Kaneki here?" Yos asked at the top of the stairs. "Yeah." I wiped them away. "Hopefully he won't sotatay long." I smiled a fake smile at him. "Yeah. Just remember to work hard when he does go." Yoshimura said and went into another room.

~Kaneki's Pov ~
"Hey! Kaneki! " Hide yelled trying to get his attention. "Y-yes?" "Jeeze! Are you even listening? " He asked getting annoyed. "Well uh..sorry hide.." "Hey, she only went to school right? She'll come back." Hide reassured him. "Thanks Hide... "