Nightmare?

I stayed up all night staring out the window, Kaneki's grip on me got tighter over time. "Kaneki, if you keep squeezing me you'll cut off all the circulation in my stomach.." I muttered pulling on his hands to loosen the grip. Kaneki eventually let go and turned on his other side. "Wait....now I'm cold..." I complained. I looked over his shoulder to see if there was enough room left on the bed. I crawled out bed carefully without waking him up and snuck in on his side to where my face was resting in his chest. I'm guessing Kaneki woke up anyways because he pulled the blanket over my shoulder and kissed the top of my head. I smiled and hugged him.

During the middle of the night, around 3AM, I was woken up by heavy breathing. I looked at Kaneki to see his eyes wet and hyperventilating. "Kaneki? What's wrong?" I asked rubbing my eye. He didn't answer, just kept breathing fast. "Hey, Kaneki...Kaneki!" I sat up and looked him in the eyes. He still didn't stop. "Kaneki, calm down.... it's alright! He's not listening. " I muttered. I grabbed his chin and pressed my lips to his. Kaneki's breathing slowed down. I broke the kissand stared at him. "Kaneki, can you hear me? You need to calm down." I said. He nodded and placed his arm over his eyes. "What happened? " I asked but he didn't answer.

He nuzzled his face in my stomach and tried to go back to sleep.  I wrapped my arms around him and dragged my fingers through his hair. "He's so Kawaii when he sleeps." I smiled to myself. I turned my head to look at the clock. My body shifted under Kaneki and he just held on and buried his face deeper. "Nnnn...." He made the cutest sound. "Alright, I won't leave." I giggled. later in the night, he soon moved up to my breast so I could lay down comfortably.  "Will you tell me what happened?" I asked. "..I just had a nightmare...I don't want to talk about it." He answered. "It's fine if you don't want to." I reassured him. He nodded. I kissed his head and continue to hold him as he did the same to me. "Hey....." Kaneki caught my attention. "yeah?" I said looking at his face. He kept his eyes closed. "I can't sleep...sing to me." I could see his cheeks get red in the moon light that came through the window. "Eh? B-but..I don't know any lullabies. " I said. "Then make one up....please." he said. I gave him a warm smile and thought for a second. I finally made up one and sang to him. It as pretty boring but he seemed to like it so I kept going. At the point when he was almost asleep, I just hummed it and fell asleep with him.

The next morning, I woke up in the bed alone. I got up and went down to the living room. "Kaneki?" I called his name. Silent. I checked the kitchen and the other rooms. Nowhere. I checked outside and I still couldn't find him. "Kaneki!...is he gone? Did something happen when I was asleep?  Where are you, Kaneki?." I began to ask my self a lot of questions.  I sat on the couch and hugged a pillow to my chest. "Is he in trouble? Is he hurt somewhere and no one's with him?" I started to think the worst. Tears were actually brought to my eyes. After 5 more minutes of worrying, the front door opened. I looked up with wet eyes to see Kaneki standing in the door way with a bag. "(F/n)? What's wrong? Is your back bothering you?" He came and sat in front of me and thought I was hurting. "N-no..I thought you left..." I admitted. Kaneki sighed and hugged me. "Never. I just went out to get food." He said holding up the bag. "Oh..." I wiped my eyes and smiled. "I'm sorry for making you worry. " I said. "It's alright. " he kissed my lips and put the "food" in the fridge.