6 *

{ s i x }

"Have a good day Luke." His step father said quietly. Luke gave a shrug, pulling his bag up from his feet as he opened the passenger side door. He bent down, stepped out and pulled the bag onto his shoulders, swinging it around so it was on his back before slamming the door shut again.

Today is Thursday, Luke's fourth day at school this year, and god he was already counting the days until he could leave again. Luke can't remember a time when he'd enjoyed school, maybe when he was a child, but even that was pushing it.

Luke doesn't even like being told what to do. He is his own person and he believes that he should carve his own path for the future.

Then again, most people say that no school is the equivalent of no future. That's probably why Luke has stuck it out for this long.

He walked through the familiar doors and stared at the long hallway again. He wasn't as early as he usually is today  and that makes Luke a little more uncomfortable than he usually is in this situation.

The hallways were crowded but Luke could see a clear path, of sorts, and he was positive he could manipulate his way through it, so he started walking, moving out of other peoples way when they came too close to him.

Luke was glad he wore slim fitting clothes today, it made it easier so he could manoeuvre his way though. He was in all black too, his usual black skinny jeans and a tighter fitting black t-shirt with a hoody that he wears when he wants to be invisible for a while, but he had that stored in his bag for now.

After getting around a large group of younger girls he could see Michaels bright red hair above the crowd, one of the only privileges of being tall, and he smiled in his direction before slightly speeding up.

"That's not like you princess!" He heard a call from behind him. He felt his heart drop out of his body. He glanced at Michaels bright hair- he was so close- before cautiously turning to look behind him.

He regretted that immediately.

A group of jocks, cheerleaders, and some other people who looked like they belonged in that group were all stood just a little behind him to his left. There were at least 12 people.

"Wearing all black? Where's your sense of colour gone?" The same jock laughed. Luke didn't recognise him but he was pale and wearing all black himself, apart from the blue football jersey hanging out of the pocket of his jeans.

Luke didn't do anything, he just turned back around. He walked two steps before a foot was in front of him, tripping him up so he fell to the floor. Luke tugged his lip into his mouth as his face connected with the solid floor. He was sure it was made of concrete.

He only remembered about the new lip ring as he felt a metallic taste enter his mouth. He cursed inwardly.

"Hey!" He smiled automatically upon hearing Michaels voice. "What the fuck do you think you're doing!"

Luke lifted himself up just in time to see Michael push the pale jock into a nearby locker.

"Are you alright?" Michael asked, immediately turning to Luke and seeing his bloody lip. "Is that blood?" Michael saw red, and not just on Luke. He turned back to the jock, pushing his large hand against his throat. Michael muttered words nobody but the jock could hear, pressing his hand harder until Luke grabbed his bicep to stop him.

"Let it go Mike, it's fine." Luke mumbled, embarrassed of the attention being caused, and on him. Michael removed his hand, pushing the boy into another one stood next to him and turned back to Luke, his features softening.

"Aw, the princess getting his little boyfriend to help him out! How cute!" Luke recognised the jocks voice, the tan one that never seems to leave him alone. Luke didn't dare look away from Michael as he led them both away from the scene, like usual.

"Sorry 'bout your lip fairy!"

Luke could taste the blood again, and as he was lead into the nurses office by his best friend, he couldn't help but wonder why he was just so different to everyone else.