58 *

{ f i f t y e i g h t }

AN// Let's pretend WILAY is a 5SOS original ok shhh

"So I wrote a new song. It's called What I Like About You." Luke stated when they'd finally set up all their electric equipment. Calum raised an eyebrow at him but Michael just grinned, pulling the papers he was holding out from his hand. The music sheets.

"Looks good." Michael nodded. "Let's play it." Michael handed a piece of paper to Lacey- the drum music and a piece to Calum- the bass. Luke, for now, would do all the vocals and rhythm guitar. They knew the first time they ran it, it would probably be bad because everybody was just trying to play it from the music but they'd try anyway.

Luke opened up the main riff and waited for Michael to pick it up before queuing Lacey to come in with the drums. Just like the time Luke had sang 18 in this room, he got into the music almost straight away. He pulled the mic towards him as his time to sing came.

"That's what I like about you, you hold me tight. Tell me I'm the only one, wanna come over tonight?" Luke started, leaning towards Calum as he sang and played the guitar. Calum strummed Luke's guitar before going back to his own, watching his boyfriend get into the music. He had to keep looking at the bass music but the pattern was simple so it wasn't too hard.

Before Calum knew it, the song was into it's next chorus and Luke was dancing around him again, soon enough he went back to the mic stand and the song was ending. Calum was impressed, the song didn't turn out perfect but it sounded good and the lyrics were amazing.

Calum didn't want to sound cocky or anything, but he was smug with the feeling that Luke had probably written this song about him. Luke couldn't have written it about anyone but Calum and Calum was very pleased with that fact.

"I like it, it's punk rock." Michael stated. Lacey muttered an agreement before Luke turned to Calum to ask his opinion.

"It is punk rock, unlike you, loser." Calum teased, flicking Luke's nose. Luke pouted but on the inside he filled with butterflies because he just knew that Calum liked it. Luke wasn't the best at writing songs, he liked to write the music more but he did this was all by himself, and it was obviously about Calum so he was glad that Calum liked it.

"Shut up, jerk." Luke shoved him away, still pouting and turning to tune his guitar even though it was already perfectly in tune. Luke liked perfection when he was playing and making music.

Calum glanced to see Michael and Lacey talking before whispering a teasing, "Make me."

"Later." Luke whispered with a blush.

"Is that a promise or should I cross my fingers and pray?" Calum asked him in the same teasing tone he'd been using all day. Calum was in a particularly good mood today and Luke was enjoying all the extra attention from his boyfriend. Luke knew he was only playing around but Luke was being serious. He wanted to do things with Calum, he doesn't mind making the promise.

"Promise." Luke whispered again to make sure the other two in the room didn't overhear. That'd be fatal. Calum leant his head in closer to Luke, titling it sideways.

"Seal the deal with a kiss?" Calum asked.

"I hope that isn't how you seal all of your deals."

"Just yours." Luke leant in and met Calum's lips briefly before Michael was coughing and spluttering so they'd tear apart. Luke sighed and grumbled under his breath. He knew they were supposed to be practicing because they'd have to perform soon but he just liked to kiss Calum every so often to keep himself motivated; that isn't a crime.

Either way, Calum still leant in to peck his lips one last time, no matter how much it annoyed Michael. They played rejects over and over for the remaining time of their lesson and improved the song as much as they could and when Calum went over to Luke's house after school, Luke kept his promise.

Calum didn't want to, but he still had to leave Luke's house after a short amount of time to go to practice because in his dads eyes, that's all that mattered for Calum. That didn't stop him from going back to Luke's house after practice though.