37 *

{ t h i r t y s e v e n }

Luke finished pulling on his favourite black skirt as he rushed around, trying to look pretty before Calum got here.

He felt especially female today, even going to the extra mile of wearing women's underwear to school underneath his skinny jeans. It wasn't hurting anyone and it made him feel good inside so Luke just did it anyway.

He tucked his tight V-neck shirt into it and grinned at his flat wavy hair in the mirror. He went into his moms room and applied some powder foundation before sitting on his bed and waiting for Calum to arrive.

He eventually got bored of waiting, lying on his stomach on his single bed and playing out some One Direction music from his small stereo. The new album was so good and Luke couldn't get enough of it.

One of his cats suddenly jumped up onto his bed, curling up against his pillow as Luke began to stroke behind one of his ears.

"Hello Liam, sweetie." Luke cooed, giggling as Liam purred into his hand. "How's my baby, eh?" Luke continued giggling and stroking his cat as he listened to the new album.

Calum stared up at the man in the doorway with a sheepish expression. He could hear the One Direction music playing from here, recognizing Harry styles' voice because it was everywhere when the band had first started.

"Who did you say you were again?" Calum assumed the guy was Luke's stepdad.

"Calum Hood, sir." He replied, feeling weird calling somebody sir as he shook the mans hand. "I'm Luke's friend."

"Luke has a friend. His name is Micky." Calum's eyebrows furrowed together before he realised that he was talking about Michael. Calum felt jealous that Luke's parents were close enough to Michael to have given him a nickname.

"It's a new friendship," Calum told the man, still not knowing his name and trying to subtly hint that. The dude smiled slightly at Calum, stepping aside and gesturing for him to enter. Calum was honestly quite weirded out by the sudden change in emotion.

"James." The man stated and Calum repeated it after him to be polite. They shook hands again and Calum awkwardly looked towards the stairs. "Oh, yes, go on up. It's nice to meet you Alan."

James had walked away before Calum could even attempt to correct him.

He shook his head, frowning at the weird exchange between him and Luke's stepdad because that was not a good first impression for meeting your...friend's parent. Still, Calum couldn't change it now. What he could do, however, was go upstairs and see his baby.

He looked at the framed pictures of Luke and his family as he climbed up the stairs, fawning over each cute expression on Luke's face. The house was lovely, small but very homely and Calum loved the welcoming feeling it gave off. He wouldn't mind spending more time here at all.

He got to the source of the pop music, knocking gently and getting no reply before pushing open the door to reveal Luke's bedroom.

Many thoughts flushed Calum's brain all at once. First of all, the walls in this house were thin, because the music wasn't even playing that loudly. Second, colour, lots of it, everywhere. Luke really wasn't lying when he said he liked every colour because his room was literally made of rainbows. Calum liked that it reflected Luke's personality. 

Thirdly, and the main point of Calum's attention, Luke was sitting playing with a cat and wearing the skirt that he'd so deviously sent Calum some rude pictures in.

He was gobsmacked, letting his eyes drink in Luke's recently shaven legs all the way up his outfit and reaching the back of his head as Luke still giggled and played with the fluffy cat. Luke hadn't even heard his door open and that gave Calum a lot more time to check out the beautiful sight in front of him.