69 *

AN// There obviously isn't going to be much texting anymore as they're with each other quite a lot now so... yeah. Still a lil bit though.

{ s i x t y n i n e }

9am, Luke has his hair down, concealer on and wore a silk tank top under his band shirt, their performance was at 10 and the group had one hour to practice before they were performing it to everyone. They'd decided with the other band that they would go on second.

Luke rushed through the hallway, texting back his mother who was wishing him good luck and navigating his way to music. He'd woken up late because of how late he and Calum had driven back last night, not only that but he'd also woken up sore.

His phone started blaring Greenday suddenly and it almost gave him a headache. "Hello?" He picked up the call.

"Where are you?" Calum's voice came through the speaker and Luke practically blushed at the sound. He got to reception and finally started down the long hallway to get to the music department.

"Almost there babe, chill. Its early and I'm tired and aching everywhere." Luke pouted, pulling his bag tighter over his shoulder and still feeling his body burn as he walked. He was almost at the practice room now. "I wanna cuddle."

"Hurry up and get here then." Calum replied to him. "Fuck Ashton." Luke giggled, hearing Ashton say something in the background and Michael tell him to shut up. Luke hung up the phone abruptly, stepping into the practice room the other three boys were in and closing the door behind him. "You alright?"

"No." Luke pouted, throwing his bag down and sprawling over Calum's lap. Calum wrapped his arms around the blonde, kissing his shoulder and leaning back into the wall. Michael didn't say anything before playing the tab for Amnesia and they all started to practice.

Half an hour later, they were all confident with the song and just decided to relax in the room for half an hour. Luke leant his head back onto Calum's shoulder and closed his eyes, listening to the other three boys have a slightly civil conversation.

"How was your weekend?" Michael asked Calum, gesturing to Luke's tired frame. Luke was practically falling asleep.

"Great, we came back really late last night though-" Calum started to explain Luke's weariness but was quickly cut off by his ever-so-loving boyfriend.

"Dickhead."

"Fuck off," Calum laughed. nudging his shoulder to bug Luke. He turned back to Michael again, "It was my choice to stay so late, but yeah, it was really good, think we needed it to be honest." Luke mentally agreed with him because he definitely needed to be alone with Calum sometimes in their own little bubble. Luke was just glad they got to spend so much time together.

Ashton sat awkwardly in the corner of the room, staring at his acoustic drum with a frown settled onto his features. He didn't really know what to think, he'd barely known what to think when Luke slipped up on Friday. Ashton had been dragged up to believe that only one man and one woman can lay together, and even then they had to wait until after marriage. Ashton didn't want to have the views he did but they were drilled into him from a young age by many, many different people.

He bit his tongue, telling himself that anything he said he would regret. One of the things stopping him was the fact that Michael would probably beat him to a pulp, probably followed by Calum. His views weren't all layed out, there were many others; dressing provocatively is wrong, being an atheist is wrong, disrespecting your elders is wrong, Ashton had been programmed all of them.

Seeing Calum and Luke, Ashton knew they were happy, he really didn't want to ruin anything for them, but he was so set in his ways that a loud Hispanic voice in his head was screaming at him; his 'adoptive' mothers voice, telling him to say something or get out of the room to get away from them. Ashton really hated his mind.

"Ash? You alright?" Ashton had to turn his attention to Calum, knowing he was going to look like a complete dickhead for not being able to keep eye contact and grimacing. This is how he'd grown up in this small town and even though he was repeatedly telling himself over and over that Luke and Calum were doing nothing wrong, the voice in his head just got louder and louder.

"Yeah. Thanks." Ashton deadpanned, looking back down at his drum and frowning.

"Alright, last time I try to be civil." Calum told Luke. He just cuddled Luke then, until the half an hour was up and they had to leave to perform their song.

It surprisingly went well, they performed Amnesia and the teacher said the song was acceptable, people cheered, Luke was happy. He hoped his grade reflected how hard he always worked in this lesson.

Wrong Number (Cake Hoodings)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें