72 *

AN// lol I don't even know what I'm writing anymore but its so fun. Ashton's such a bad guy but I love him. Oh my...

{ s e v e n t y t w o }

Luke kept his head down. It was all he could do. The whispers were so goddamn loud. Didn't people understand the definition of the word whisper? Or rumor, for that matter.

Apparently that gay guy Luke Hemmings (yeah, the one who wore lace that one time) is dating one of the football players.

Luke was just about ready to punch someone, or burst into tears. He walked as fast as he could without any attention being brought onto him from his peers because of course today was the day that Michael would have lunch-time detention. Of course Luke had to go through the stares and the whispers alone today; when he was wearing make-up and feeling confident enough for a pink bracelet to be tied around his wrist. Of course.

The only thing that was keeping Luke sane was the fact that nobody seemed to have a clue which football player. They just heard that he was dating one of them. As he rushed through the hallway, determined to get through the hallways just once today without another question of his sexuality or who he was dating, a frail hand wrapped around his wrist and Luke had to pause because he was too polite to continue. He took a deep breath and turned with a polite smile that was quick to drop when a skinny first year who was freshman on the football team locked eyes with him. Luke didn't say a word, but his head went wild. His eyes took in the shaking boy who already looked guilty and then he heard it; the laugh. He didn't recognize the football player of course, but his jersey was on and he was filming Luke on the newest iPhone held in his hand. Luke tried not to show his fear, just stared at the phone so the football player knew he could see it.

"Hey, Princess." The player greeted teasingly, waving his phone around before focusing it back on Luke and the small football player. Luke tried to pull his hand away but fingers tightened painfully around his wrist, digging into the bone and Luke knew he didn't have a chance when the boy wouldn't look at him. "Which one of us are you dating then?" A lot closer, getting the phone right in Luke's face and breathing a laugh. "Me?" The small boy was pushed, Luke's arm being painfully pulled as the grip tightened yet again. "Him? Beau? Alex? The possibilities are endless..."

"Stop." Luke mumbled weakly, trying to pull his arm again. He just needed to be in music right now, around Calum and Michael, around the guitars and the small rooms away from other people; even if Ashton was there. He pulled his wrist again to no avail.

"Did you start the rumor yourself to see if any nice buff guys would step forward for you? Are you that desperate, princess? Honestly..." The guy laughed and shook his head again. Luke finally ripped his arm free and started to speed walk down the corridor, jogging when hearing heavy footsteps behind him. The practice room was in view when Luke wrist was grabbed again, same place, and instead of just being stopped a fist was pressing into his mouth, knocking him back into the wall. Luke's eyes scrunched up as he felt his bottom lip get tight and he recognized the sensation of it splitting open again. The jock was staring at him, phone still filming in hand as his other kept a hold of Luke. "Who is it?"

Desperate times call for desperate measures, is Luke's reasoning for his next movements.

He licked his bleeding lip and then spat right in the guys eye, taking his sudden surprise as an advantage and running to the practice room. He could see Calum, Michael and Ashton all sitting on their phones each in a different part of the room, all away from each other. Luke didn't have time to wonder what Ashton did when he saw Calum properly for the first time after having his car wrecked, because the jock was pressing him against the door, his back against the window.