45 *

{ f o r t y f i v e }

Michael watched Luke rush around to pull his clothes on. Honestly the boy had changed his outfit so many times now, but here he was, putting on the first one Michael had chosen for him and panicking because Calum was on his way now and he needed to be dressed.

The outfit was simple, black skinny jeans and long sleeved black button up shirt to match. He had on converse too and his hair was in it's usual high quiff.

"Okay. I'm ready; you need to leave." Luke suddenly told Michael, watching the boys jaw drop in shock.

"What? No! I want to meet this guy who's got you all...like this." Luke didn't understand what that meant but he let it slide. He wanted to tell Michael about him and Calum, really, he did.

But he sort of didn't.

It's not that he doesn't want to show Calum off and things like that. Luke has never had someone to show off so it'd be nice, but right now their relationship is a big secret and Luke is happy with it that way. Calum and Luke aren't even dating, they just like each other a lot and if they were to date maybe Luke would change his mind.

He just wants Calum to himself for a while, before they have to start telling people (if they ever get to that point).

"No, Mikey. Please, just leave." Luke frowned because he never kept secrets from his best friend and honestly he didn't understand the reason he was now. He just had a gut feeling that nobody should know what goes on between him and Calum.

Michael looked evidently hurt, like expected and his face turned all kitten like as he pouted at Luke. Luke would've fallen for it if he didn't hear the knock at the front door.

Fuck, Luke felt himself panicking as a wide smile fell onto Michaels face. Calum's here. He is actually about to go on his first date. Oh god.

There were some murmured voices heard downstairs as Michael and Luke stared at each other. Michael was smirking as Luke frowned in return.

"Lukey! Caden is here!" Liz's shout up the stairs broke their stare apart.

"Caden, huh?" Honestly, the name forgetting thing was starting to grow on Luke at that point. "Fine," Michael pouted suddenly. "If you really don't want me to meet him, yet then I'll wait here till you leave. Tell me how it goes in school Monday."

Luke gratefully nodded at Michael and looked in the mirror before walking out of his bedroom door. He got to the top of the stairs, nervously looking back to his room and seeing Michael lie down on his bed.

It's now or never, he said to himself. He walked down the stairs, taking one by one. He saw his mom waiting near the bottom, meaning that James was currently talking to Calum.

His mom eyed his black outfit. Liz wasn't used to seeing Luke wear button-up shirts and Luke blushed under her scrutiny.

"You and Calvin certainly are dressed up?" His mom made the statement into a question, eyeing Luke's tall hair and makeup free face.

"We're just going out mom." Luke groaned, trying to push past his mother. He didn't want to have to explain the awkward 'this is a date but it's a first so we're not dating' phase he and Calum were currently in.

"Right." His mom replied in a teasing tone. She had already spoken to Calum, meaning she had already seen the fact that Calum had brought Luke a single rose. She knew exactly what was happening right before her eyes but instead of arguing with her son she just let him brush past her.

Luke eagerly walked towards the front door, seeing James covering most of the open space with his body and trying to intimidate Calum by flexing his arms over the frame. Luke couldn't help but think that Calum's arm muscles were hotter, but then again, James is Luke's step father so it'd be weird if he didn't.

James shifted revealing Calum and holy shit, Luke decided, Calum looked fucking gorgeous. He had on a similar outfit to Luke; tight black jeans, a white button up shirt that had 3 buttons undone revealing tanned skin that was already driving Luke wild and all black converse.

Calum would've looked classy, if he didn't have a black beanie on his head giving him the typical teenager style. His messy fringe poked out of the hat, covering the rest of his forehead and honestly, Luke wouldn't be surprised if he was drooling.

He eyes caught sight of something red and he looked to see Calum's fingers mindlessly playing with a rose as he spoke to James. Luke's heart swelled because Calum was actually being a gentlemen.

When Luke looked back to Calum's eyes he noticed them staring right back at him. James took a step back, standing right next to Liz as they watched both of the boys.

Luke snapped his head to them, his cheeks flaming as he saw his mother watching with a love sick smile.

Liz was watching her baby go on his first date and goddamn was she enjoying the show.

"Okay, go away now." Luke groaned, shyly looking at Calum before turning back to his parents. Liz pouted at him as James lead her away by the waist. He walked to the door slowly, seeing Calum eyeing him up and down appreciatively. As soon as he got to the door frame Calum opened his mouth.

"You look fucking beautiful."

"Don't swear on the vid- I mean what, I'm not even here." Liz's voice came from behind them both and Luke groaned and blushed as Calum chucked.

"Let's just go." Luke whispered back to him, grabbing his hand and pulling them both towards Calum's car. His mom was still recording on her phone from the doorway and he fought the urge to stick his tongue out at the small device.

Calum opened the passenger door for Luke, leaning over his to pull the seatbelt around his body too. He hovered at his lips, placing the thornless rose into Luke's hand as he lightly pressed them together. Then he was gone, closing Luke's door and going around the car to get in the drivers seat. Luke blushed heavily, and he couldn't resist breaking out into a huge smile as he looked at the flower in his hand.

Who said chivalry was dead?

Calum got into the car, leaning over to lightly kiss Luke one more time before buckling himself in and starting up the engine.

"So now what?" Luke asked, playing with the flower in his hand.

"Now we drive for an hour, and then we go to this little place I found online. You'll love it, as long as you can ice-skate." Luke nodded, smiling widely. "Oh, and do you like roller-coasters?"

Luke wasn't sure what kind of place had an ice rink and roller-coasters but what he was sure of was that this would be the best date of his life.