56

{ f i f t y s i x }

Luke: why are people so against us being together ):

Daddy: where's this coming from?

Luke: I don't know, my mum just sat me down and started talking to me about your intentions and stuff and Michael keeps bugging me about you and nobody seems to support us and it's just upsetting

Daddy: we don't need anybody to support us baby

Luke: it would just be nice, I guess

Daddy: I'm sorry baby but the world is fucked up and I wish I could protect you from it

Luke: from everything?

Daddy: yeah. I wish I could just put you in a bubble and take you to a deserted island and keep you away from all the bad things in the world.

Luke: and the possessive person of the year award goes to...

Daddy: let me live my life and protect you baby.

Luke: do you love me a lot?

Daddy: you know I do Luke. Seriously, are you okay?

Luke: so if I told you that I wanted us to live together would you be okay with that?

Daddy: I don't get where this is going.

Luke: okay I'm just going to come right out with it.

Luke: say it was sometime in the future and we still weren't being accepted and we wanted to go out holding hands and we couldn't, would you love me enough to run away with me?

Daddy: I don't know Luke, that would be a long time in the future.

Luke: if I wanted to leave right now what would you say?

Daddy: do you want to leave right now?

Luke: if I said yes?

Daddy: then I'd say let's look at school transference and find an accepting place to go. Do you want to leave?

Luke: I love you.

Luke: not right now, but I know I won't want to live here forever. Maybe when I finish school? I just can't stay in this town forever. Nobody here accepts me or my choices anyway, everybody is homophobic and I just hate everyone here. Except you, of course.

Daddy: I can't believe I'm actually making decisions like these with someone.

Daddy: we're getting pretty serious, huh?

Luke: every moment I create with you is just wasted -.-

Daddy: we'll have this talk when we've finished school and I promise you that I will be completely serious because I am very much in love with you.

Luke: we've never said it like that before.

Luke: I'm very much in love with you too, you moment ruiner.