60 *

{ s i x t y }

Calum walked into the supermarket with his phone in hand and a smile on his face. He headed straight for the frozen section and hummed to himself as he searched for the cookie dough ice cream.

"Hey, Calum!" He heard an enthusiastic voice behind him and he turned with a sigh, dropping his phone into his pocket. Two of his teammates stood behind him; Ashton and Beau. These were two of the teammates he hated the most.

"Uh, hey, I guess." Calum replied uneasily. He opened one of the freezers as he saw Luke's ice cream and grabbed a large tub of it, closing the freezer after himself. He awkwardly looked back at the two boys who were smiling at him. What could they possibly want?

"Buying ice cream? Big night in?" Beau scoffed with a laugh. Calum gave him an obviously fake smile. Ashton and Beau both looked taken aback. "Problem?" Beau asked with a raised eyebrow.

Ashton still had red marks over his neck and Calum cursed himself for wishing that he'd made the marks himself. That's how whipped Calum was for this boy, wishing he could hurt anyone that would ever dare hurt Luke.

"No, no," Calum shook his head and laughed condescendingly. "No problem." He was obviously being an asshole and the other two boys could tell but we're confused as to why Calum was being that way.

Calum held up the ice cream and pulled his phone out of his pocket. "I have a place to be anyway, so, bye." Calum walked away from the gobsmacked boys, unlocking his phone and reading his texts with Luke. "Dickheads." Calum mumbled under his breath as he walked away from the pair. Ashton heard but didn't want to say anything, Ashton was actually kind of afraid of Calum. Calum was hot and cold with the boys on the football team, everyone was wary of him because one minute his mood was fine and the next he was threatening everyone and throwing his weight around.

Calum picked up a few more things; some candy, some chocolate and a few chick flicks he thought Luke might like. He paid for everything with a credit card his father had given him for 'emergencies', he figured making Luke smile was an emergency because lately Luke had been upset because of nobody supporting their relationship. The least Calum could do was make Luke smile.

Calum arrived at Luke's house ten minutes later and knocked on the door a few times before opening it and walking in like he'd gotten accustomed to doing lately. He took off his shoes and coat before hearing a throat being cleared behind him.

He hung the coat up before turning to see Liz, Luke's mom sitting on the sofa tucked into James' side. He smiled awkwardly.

"Always a pleasure to see you, Calum." Calum's jaw dropped because Liz had never, not once, gotten his name right. Honesty his heart was swelling right now, even with the sarcastic tone Luke's mother had spoken to him with.

"You too Miss..." Calum's voice faded out as Luke walked down the stairs in a simple red dress. The bra area had obviously been stuffed, well only obvious to Calum because he knew Luke, and the tight material clung to Luke's upper body before flowing out and ending mid-thigh, showing the rest of Luke's smooth legs to Calum. "Holy fuck." Calum murmured in awe.

Luke got to the bottom of the stairs, stepping of the last one with a bounce in his step and doing a twirl before leaning into Calum. Calum decided that Luke looked good with a face full of makeup as well as without it, he could actually pull off anything most probably.

Luke pressed a short lived kiss to Calum's lips before stepping away from him completely.

"Did you get ice cream?" Luke asked instantly. Calum chuckled.

"Straight to business then." Calum handed the bag of things he'd just bought to Luke and watched as Luke looked in it and smiled brightly.

"Do you mind if we watch movies down here?" Luke gestured to the space next to his parents and looked at Calum with a hopeful smile. Calum nodded with his own smile and sat down next to Liz as Luke went into the kitchen. Liz watched him with an unreadable expression and James just gave him a small nod of approval maybe? Calum didn't really know.

Luke came back in with a spoon and the tub of ice cream. He handed his mom and James a packet of sweets and pressed play on a remote that was sitting next to the TV. Luke took a glance at the full couch before taking a seat on the floor in front of Calum. Bridget Jones' Diary began playing and Calum smiled as he watched Liz snuggle into James side.

Luke squealed as he felt arms go around him and lift him up. Calum planted Luke on his lap before getting comfy again and focusing on the TV. Luke grinned before shoving a spoonful of ice cream in his mouth and settling down to watch the movie with three of his favourite people.

Later on into the movie Liz wasn't focused, well, she was focused on something but it definitely wasn't the film they had all settled down to watch. Liz watched Calum pull Luke closer to him every few seconds even though Luke was practically keening against him and Liz watched Calum stare at Luke as if Luke was the most amazing thing Calum had come across and Luke was too engrossed with the TV to notice.

Liz felt her heart melt as Calum pressed a small kiss behind Luke's ear and cuddled into him. Her son turned to give Calum a small kiss and a smile and Liz was pretty sure that she'd completely misjudged Calum because looking at her sons relaxed features while he sits in Calum's lap made her rethink their relationship.

Calum was staring at Luke instead of the movie again and Liz felt horrible about being prejudice towards him just because he plays football. As she watched them Liz realized how right Calum was for Luke, it was obvious Calum would treat her son right and it was obvious they were both completely gone for each other.

"Can Calum stay over?" Luke asked his mom in a nervous whisper. The question was sudden but Liz found herself nodding, deciding to trust Calum because of her realization. James agreed with Liz's answer and that was that.

*

"Luke, baby," Calum whispered into Luke's ear. Luke mumbled something incoherent, too comfortable to speak or move. "Let's go to bed, yeah?" Luke didn't react.

Calum put one of his arms under Luke's legs and the other around his back and stood up with a small grunt, holding Luke to his front. Luke shifted so his legs wrapped around Calum and his head went to the boys neck.

James and Liz had earlier gone to bed so Calum shut off the TV and made sure the front door was locked- a habit of his- and carried Luke up to his bedroom. He lay Luke on the bed and ran into the bathroom to grab a baby-wipe and then he began gently rubbing at Luke's face with it. Calum may be a man but he isn't stupid, leaving makeup on could really damage Luke's skin.

"What are you doing?" Luke grumbled, inching his eyes open to see Calum leaning over him and still removing the makeup.

"Getting you ready for bed." Calum replied simply and Luke was too tired to argue so he just let Calum continue. He stumbled up into a stand when Calum left the room and held his arms above his head when he came back in. Calum seemed to get the message, pulling his dress over his head; the gesture was completely innocent and Luke didn't mind showing Calum his body anymore so he just stood there and waited for Calum's next move.

He seemed to know Luke too well when he took off his own shirt and dressed Luke in it. Calum was only a little more huskier than Luke so the shirt wasn't much bigger than any of Luke's normal ones but he still loved that Calum would think of that. He tugged off his jeans before pulling Luke to the bed and laying down, holding the blanket out as Luke squeezed in next to him and okay, Luke definitely needed a bigger bed but they could manage.

Calum's arm draped over Luke and pulled them both together. Luke leant in to kiss the other boy and they stayed that way for a few minutes before falling asleep together.