67 *

{ s i x t y s e v e n }

It was finally Friday, Luke had been waiting for this for days. Two hours of their usual music lesson and Luke and Calum finally had the weekend ahead of them. Luke was practically bouncing around the practice room as he sang 'Amnesia'.

"Luke, Jesus, sit down." Michael rubbed at his temples, sick of seeing Luke flailing around the room and pacing and giggling. There was so much giggling; Michael was getting a headache. Calum's smile seemed to brighten after every giggle that came out of Luke's mouth though. He was good at hiding it, but he was just as excited.

"Do you think we'll be ready to perform on Monday?" Ashton asked Luke. Michael hadn't said a word to Ashton but he wasn't exactly being mean. Calum, however, was still a little rude every so often. Ashton tried his best to only talk to Luke, or not talk at all. Ashton felt disgusting about insulting Luke for the short amount of time that he was in this school, and he didn't want Luke to have any more reasons to hate him.

"Maybe- hopefully?" Luke replied, barely even paying attention to Ashton as he spoke to him. "Who cares." Luke mumbled under his breath even though deep down he knew he did care; this was his final grade in the only subject he was going to pass.

"Should we meet up tomorrow and practice? I know a garage we could play in." Ashton directed the question to the whole group but looked at Luke straight afterwards. Calum stirred from where he was sitting, Calum was slowly loosing his patience with Ashton's obsession with Luke.

"I'm up for that. Need a good grade." Michael agreed, actually talking directly to Ashton for the first time since he'd strangled the boy.

"Busy." Calum deadpanned.

"I'm away all weekend." Luke told the three of them excitedly, giving Calum a grin. He was about to burst, unable to stop moving because he was finally going to get Calum to himself for a whole weekend.

"What? Where?" Michael asked immediately. Calum noticed Luke's eyes widen as his face lit up and Calum knew he was screwed the second Luke opened his mouth. Luke was way too excited.

"Me and Cal are going on a mini vacation... oh shit." Luke realized his mistake as Ashton started coughing with wide eyes, looking between him and Calum.

"Yeah, there it is." Calum smacked his head against the wall.

"Okay, I take the complete blame for that one." Luke told Calum, gulping heavily as he looked at Ashton. Everyone saw his happy persona slip away in an instant. "Fucking idiot." Luke muttered to himself.

Michael looked at Luke's frown, he couldn't even look up from the floor because he knew he'd really screwed up this time and Michael didn't know how he could make this okay. Ashton and Calum were staring at each other, Michael noticed, Ashton looking majorly confused and Calum unreadable. Michael suddenly had a great idea.

"Remember that time I almost broke your fuckin' neck?" Michael asked Ashton with a calm smile. Calum tried to hide his own smile behind his hand. Ashton nodded, still not saying a thing. "Good. We won't need to have any more encounters like that if you can manage to keep your mouth closed." Ashton slowly nodded, casting his eyes down to the floor and picking at the carpet. He didn't want to have to relive that incident.

"Sorry." Luke muttered quietly to Calum so the other two wouldn't hear. Calum was in denial that Ashton even knew something, he didn't even want to think about what could happen if anyone found out he was going on a 'mini vacation' with a boy for two nights.

Calum didn't want to think about it, he just wanted Luke smiling again and their bags were already in the car so Calum figured there was no harm in leaving a little early for the hotel. Calum grabbed Luke's hand and pulled him up from his slump on the floor. Ashton watched with wide eyes but said nothing.

"We're going to leave now. Performance on Monday; we'll be ready." Calum told them both as he kept hold of Luke's hand. Calum looked towards Ashton, "If my dad finds out about this, Michael will be the least of your worries. I don't like you enough as it is."

Luke pulled Calum towards the door before Calum took it too far, avoiding eye contact with everyone except his boyfriend. Luke knew it was bad timing, but he was craving chinese food. He'd have to ask Calum to stop and get some before they arrived at the hotel. Just with that thought, Luke was smiling again, because maybe Ashton knew their secret, but at least they still had a weekend together.

One weekend where they can forget that Ashton knows, they can forget how much they aren't accepted and they can forget everything else but each other. Luke was smiling again.