33 *

{ t h i r t y t h r e e }

"Something's different about you today." Michael stated to Luke for the seventh time that day. They were finally in music, in the biggest practise room so they could use electric guitars.

Michael and Luke both thought they were the only ones in the room but Calum and the drummer girl had just entered and were enjoying the scene of Michael teasing an embarrassed Luke.

"Have you met someone?" Michael asked Luke again, watching his face flush. "Ooh, what's his name eh?"

"Fuck off." Luke muttered into the mic he was setting up. Michael's laugh echoed around the large room. "Have you written anything yet?"

"Nope, but I found some songs we wrote when we were like, 15." Michael replied, handing Luke a guitar so they could play something whilst they waited for the other two.

"Which ones?" Luke asked, slipping the strap over his body to secure the guitar to himself. He fiddled with the mic stand then, making it taller.

"18 and rejects." Michael replied with a smirk directed at Luke. They both knew they couldn't sing either of those songs in front of the class, one was about illegal sex and the other was practically about hating school.

"Is it sad that I remember exactly how both of those go?" Luke asked his best friend, playing the tune to 18 on his guitar before throwing a smile at Michael again.

Luke was talking so much more today, completely being unlike his usual self, even the jock and the girl were confused as they watched Luke and Michael playfully throw comments back and fore.

Michael suddenly started the guitar for 18 and Luke joined in, playing the rhythm. It sounded so weird without the drums, both of them thought that. When the time came for Luke to sing, Michael gave him a look and stopped playing when Luke didn't start singing.

"Wait you actually want to do this?" Luke asked him and Michael nodded. Luke shrugged, Michael and he had played this song a thousand times before but not for at least 2 years.

Michael started the song again and Luke, never one to be embarrassed around his best friend, starting playing too, jumping around the room and letting his skinny jean clad legs stretch around as far as they could go.

Michael threw a smirk towards Luke as the intro to the lyrics came around, watching Luke lean into the mic like a pro.

"I wish, that I was 18..." Luke jumped around, using the space of the large room to his advantage and enjoying the song. Michael watched him let loose with the biggest smile of his face. Little did they know Calum and the girl were watching too, their jaws dropped at this rare sight of Luke.

"I think, she wants to get with me-" Luke sang and Michael spoke over him as he carried on.

"She doesn't." Luke stuck his middle finger up, continuing to enjoy himself. He continued to sing the song.

"She's got, a naughty tattoo in a place that I wanna get to." Michael sang his solo, stealing the mic and winking at Luke as he gripped himself and thrusted. Luke shook his head and laughed at the dirty move.

Luke stole the mic back, continuing the stupid song they wrote and wanting to laugh as he sang half of the dirty lyrics Michael wrote. He says Michael because he wants to put all of the blame on him, even though Luke helped him write it. 

"In my bedroom, thinking of ya." Luke sang, looking directly at Michael and winking, copying Michaels earlier dirty dance move. Michaels jaw dropped open and Luke's lip was starting hurt from how hard he was grinning. Luke had never done anything like that, Michael was always the sexual one of the two.

"His pictures in my private folder." Luke let his hands slip from the top of his body down to his thighs at a slow pace as he sang, and Michael couldn't be anymore surprised. What the fuck had gotten into Luke?! He registered the lyrics said and if the strap of his guitar wasn't around his neck then he swore he would've dropped the whole thing.

"So there is someone!" Michael cut off the next lyrics completely, messing up the riff he was doing and letting go of his guitar so it hung around him heavily.

"I was enjoying that!" Luke complained and Michael laughed at the choice of words.

"I could fuckin' see that!" Michael teased, sliding his hands down himself like Luke had to tease him.

Luke felt a blush spread across his checks, his face lighting up as clapping started from across the large room. He saw the jock and the girl who played drums, Lacey as he had learnt days ago, looking at him with dropped jaws themselves. They were still clapping him though.

Luke never acted like this. He was just happy, was that a crime? He felt Michaels arm pull him back so he was looking at him and he knew Michael had caught onto something by now.

"I'm coming over to your house tonight and we're going to talk about this, Lucas."

Luke pulled his arm away, slipping his tongue out of his mouth and flipping Michael off again. Michael laughed, already starting to love this side of his best friend and honestly, he'd reward whoever was causing this because he just knew that Luke had someone cheering him up.

Michael knew Luke wasn't happy in school, ever, but today Luke's done nothing but smile and tease him. Even when a particularly annoying jock said something to Luke this morning, Luke just ignored it and carried on chatting with Michael.

Michael loved seeing his best friend happy, and he was going to find out the reason to personally thank whoever brought out this side of Luke.